Snow Rant

Now, I love snow - I even enjoy (to a point) shoveling it.

But my parents new house? Yeah, it’s on a hill.

The driveway isn’t that large (4 car), but it’s like, a 25 degree incline

we whip out my dad’s new (last year) huge 8 HP snowblower, it’s huge

Self drive, 6 foward gears, 2 reverse.

We start it up, switch the auger on, put in in 2 and push it down the hill.

Awesome, it cuts a like, 30" wide canyon in the snow all the way down the middle of the driveway.

Put it in reverse, squeeze the drive trigger, and it does nothing.

the fucking tranny or whatever doesn’t work.

so this thing does nothing but throw snow around, but I have to haul around this 300 lbs thing on 2 wheels that don’t turn.

this sucks

fuck you craftsman

yeah…i used to work at a hardware store thatr fixed snowblowers and alwnmowers (got into a it a little myself durring my stay there) and any kind of mower, snowblower, weedwhacker, whatever that comes from sears pretty much sucks

i feel you… i needed to go valentines day shopping… i leave the house at 2pm to go to the mall… nobody is on the road yet… i get all the way to the mall and its fucking closed. we got 1 foot a snow and they knew it was coming. fucking redicious. now i need to buy everything online… but thats not a bad thing :snky:

Thats why my parents have this…

http://www.cubcadet.com/wcsstore/pics/CubCadet/SWE945_lge.jpg

45" cut 22" high

Hydraulic Steering

13hp

:pimp:

lol that sucks.

i have a 45 year old TORO snowblower with a 36 inch cut 3 forward gears and 2 reverse and it still does everything, sure snow throws about 6 feet but it works…

yea hows the snow there howie? my rents r supposed to goto nyc for a hampton inn buisness meeting but jfk is like shut down for flights

That sucks dude.

I bought a John Deere 18hp liquid cooled twin cylinder kawasaki powered tractor.
The blower is 48" wide.
I have not even tried it yet!!!
The three times we got snow, my neighbor plowed my driveway before I got home from work.
He is a great guy but I want to play with my tractor dammit!:biglaugh:

Luckily my grandparent’s new neighbor has a truck with a plow and he’s nice enough to plow their driveway for them so my grandpa doesn’t have to use the snow blower :slight_smile:

this turned into “my snowblower can beat up your snowblower” really quick.

You should have got a troy built 10hp with track drive. Didn’t have one problem with the 20" we got. And as for malls being closed, the palisades center mall was open despite the 20" of snow. I would know because i had to take my girlfriend to work, so krazyjon you just needed to go where there was MORE snow to find an open mall. It only make sense.