Snowblower Repair????

Anyone or here know of a good small engine shop around N.Buffalo that is reasonable and not going to rape me to replace the belts on my 1980’s Sears snowblower??? Also I have to be able to have them pick it up and drop it off because it’s for sure not going to fit in my A4… Also if anyone knows how to fix them I’d be willing to throw you some $$$ to replace the belts.

Thanks

Belt(s) should take only a couple mins. Just take the cover off and usally its very simple to take them off. Take the belts to a shop like Arthurs in OP and get new ones and reinstall. Its really easy, not worth taking in imho.

Jeller

It would attempt this if it was still warm out, like when I should have. No garage so its a hassle at this point and it does not look so simple to me to get the belts off. The bottom part does not look to be accessible… I already have the top cover off…

I’m ready to wheel the pos to the curb…lol

Freds small engine repair. He is on ferry tho in the hood. Hes good tho. I got mine all tuned up and ready to go today. i was in and out in 30 mins

Probably just overlooking a real simple way to access the belts. I haven’t seen one where they didn’t design the belt to be easily replaced.

The roll pin inside the transmission for the auger on the other hand, that’s a bitch. I had to replace mine today and it took several hours.

if you werent so far id do it, i used to work in a small engine shop

pennys hardware on elmwood, they will pick it up. no idea what they charge.
http://www.pennysplumbing.com/

or

Wegman motor works
1500 Kenmore Ave
Buffalo, NY 14216
(716) 875-2321

word. We had to fix that in ours 2 years ago and it took us like 4 hours, such a pain.

i just did a roll pin in a gear box the other day. took me a lil less than 2hrs start to finish.

if u buy the belts i will install them for shorts. pm me if your interested

Doesn’t EvilJay fix and sell snowblowerz? He quoted me on a nice unit, 9hp, electric start,29in wide, check him out Erik.

my uncle is north buffalo area ish
he used to do small engine repair and such
im sure he could help you
let me know if youd like me to give him a call for you

:tup:to Penny,s. Wegman’s suck’s, he sat on mine for a wk, I pulled it out of there.

BUMP…

The pull string on mine just snapped and the recoil just sucked it right in :frowning: Anyone on here work on Snowblowers? It is an old 7HP Airens 26" cut. 30yr+ old.

don’t take it to Pennys. I had them pic mine up and was told three day turn around. Well 3 weeks later they dropped it back off. When I called a week after they picked it up to see what was up the prick I spoke too was a rude prick to me whem I was polite in checking into the status.
After I paid $150 in getting it fixed it came back to me with a seized throttle and would not go into gear. So I ended up doing what they did not. I never called to bitch because I know they would do jack shit seeing how I was spoken to when I called before.

SO DO NOT TAKE IT TO THOSE HACKS @ PENNYS!!’

I used Save-on Tools and Equipment Repair. He took a few weeks to bring my old Ariens back from the grave but did a good job. A little far drive for you to though. Its a small shop run by only one guy so I am not sure what his turn around time is.

His address 1410 Lovejoy St. #3 Sloan, NY 14212 (716) 632-9999 Ask For Steve

Dude, that’s like a 20min fix. If you can change brake pads, you can restring a recoil.

hahahah i just did this at work last week, where are you? ill take a look if i got time and your close (ariens are all we have for snowblowers)

4 bolts come off, then the whole unit comes off.
Then pull off the winder, pull rope thru, wind, oil the unit, ( i do as a just in case thing,) rebolt to motor , then test.