Would have put this in want to hire, but need help now

My dad texted me asking if anyone I knew does mobile repairs for snowblowers, he just said the gears took a shit, if I wasn’t going to work I’d go investigate. I know a couple guys but I’d have to call a favor to have my buddy with his truck come and get it.

I offered to buy him one but he said no.

If anyone here goes to people’s homes and fixes mowers/blowers stuff like this please text me at 716-799-5907.

Thanks,

Mike

EDIT: I’m googling this: “Ariens st1028le won’t go into gear” - looks like a friction disk/belt, something I can’t say I’ve repaired.

it might just need a simple adjustment. Unless the actual metal plate isn’t spinning. then that’s not good.

this covers replacing the friction disk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTxHyoHq8zc

I’m no where near your dad i’d bet. sorry.

I have a guy I used for my snowblower that was great, extremely knowledgeable and very reasonable. Got it running better than the day i purchased it. His name was Liam, 716 550 0949.

Thank you fellas^^

I called into work an hour late and found that the belt slipped off after removing the cover since I could spin the friction plate freely and it moved back and forth. I’m also in a suit so I will have to come back over the weekend and fix it, think he’s just going to drop it off somewhere and have the belt changed if before then.