snowboard boots

Anyone got any insight on the new boots that no longer have laces but the wire you tighen with that knob? Second season of boarding for me and looking into buying some gear.

I have boots with the boa system and I like them a lot. It makes it very easy to put your boots on and off, and they are especially nice when your hands are cold and you don’t feel like tying laces.

BOA Boot?

K2 & Vans make them.

IMO they are alright, I personally like having control over my upper and lower region. So I still rock the laces, but there is the burton system that is pretty quick as well. Also it holds very tight.

But back to the boa. There is 2 types I believe. The regular that is common on most boots, then there is the Coiler. It looks like a 3 spoke rim. That automatically winds up the slack so you aren’t spinning the knob to wind in the excess.
It’s tight, consistent, and easy to use.
Comfort wise… well it all depends on the comfort of the liner and boot itself.

$159 Average.

Not sure on that.

Why are you taking your boots on and off so much that speed would be that important? I put mine on once/maybe twice when I go if I take a long long break.

Mine take a little while, but I love the support and adjustment of the independent liner, and upper/lower shell. I’ve got a set of '05 Shaun White Burtons.

I’m a lace guy, the boa system didn’t get the lower part of the boot tight enough for me, i like the bottom tight and the calf medium.

what size do you take? i have some $250 northwaves im selling for cheap. size 9. brand new.

[quote=“Coldaccord,post:6,topic:37762"”]

what size do you take? i have some $250 northwaves im selling for cheap. size 9. brand new.

[/quote]

Thanks but I’m probably in the size 11 range.

So the general concensus is that the system works pretty good. I like my boots tight and it seems with laces i could never really get them that tight around my shins and they would evetually start loosening up

Laces give you the most control as stated above…But I to would like to try out a pair to see how they are…so if you buy them post up what u think about them