snowboard jacket options

I am getting a new jacket for christmas. That said, what should i get?

I looked at the burton audex coats, but eh i dont want to sacrifice build quality to have my music built in. I wouldn’t mind having headphones built into the coat, but a wire isn’t the biggest factor in this shit.

I need a coat that can stay dry and warm for the 10+ hours that i am usually out there. I do wear under armor cold gear shirts, so it wont need to be the biggest fluffiest coat out there. I guess welded seams is criical, and something that i can move well in is a definate.

Any ideas on specific brands or models that you know are pretty decent. Budget is between $200-300

from what i see, that audex jacket is WAYY out of ur price range. its like twice ur price range

theres tons of cool jackets out there. just hit up some shops

no if i have to make up the difference i will, but i was just looking at that range to be fair and safe. If the perfect coat for me is $500 I will send the parents a check or just talk them into it!

thats retarted. to each his own but ANY 200 dollar coat will keep u warm and protected in this region or any other region in the US

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n277/adst15/images.jpg

Burton Element Jacket

Sick jacket, mad warm, and a nice inner lining for when ur hiking the park, i got one a dicks a lil bit ago for 150 sick deal, save some bones and dont sacrifice quality

^^ thats too plain for my liking, but i did try one on at dicks and liked the way it fit

Check out Option’s NFA line…

wait, do you want function or fashion?

I don’t know the exact “model” of jacket that it is, but I got a Rossignol jacket a few years ago when I was on the Schussmeisters board of directors, and it is the best jacket ever. Super warm, really thin, and I’ve gone snowboarding in the pouring rain for 5+ hours and stayed totally dry, however, it was like 600 canadian brand new, but Im sure they have some less expensive stuff. Ive had a few Burton Jackets, and I just didn’t like them as much. I even liked the L.L. Bean snowboard jacket I had better than the Burton Jackets I bought.

i want function. I dont care if i look like an ass hole, so long as i am a warm asshole and can freely move about. I will check out the option, and the rossignol lines

we have some sort of bluetooth enabled snowbaord jacket at work, i’ll check price tomorrow. i think its 299

http://static.flickr.com/76/171344592_117401517c_m.jpg

wait, did someone say “warm asshole”? where?

I’m happy with my burton jacket. Got one without a liner, basically just a shell to stop the wind. Rated at 15,000mm i believe. That way i can always wear a fleece underneath if it’s cold, or remove it for the slightly warmer days.

^^word. that’s what i bought. it’s a little more versatile for those warm wet days.

I just got a 686 that I really like. I don’t snowboard but its really warm. My roomate who snowboards wears a Sessions jacket iirc and the Holden’s I tried on were really nice also. Alot of stuff out there go try some out.

i have the Audex jackets, in a few different colors.

sizes go from SM to XL

in the regular style i have:
Blue Frost
Mocha
True Black
Cargo

In the Down style:
New Brick
True Black
Granite

and, just to cover everything, in Women’s:
Mocha Plaid
True Black
Khaki

The cost is $299.

special-blend.com

check it out. im sure you can find something to your liking. i have been wearing blend outerwear for the past couple seasons and i can honestly say aside from an hour in a complete downpour i have NEVER gotten wet. great waterproofing and breathability.

me need one too!

for skiing though…anybody can suggest something else? maybe with pic like one of the member did?

Helly Hansen is the best waterproofing, hands down. I have a dub coat, a couple burton coats, a couple pair of burton pants, and special blend pants. my next pants will be Helly Hansen, best shit out there. seriously

I have an insulated Burton Ronin jacket that I like a lot, but the waterproofing on it sucks. Helly will be my next purchase

My favorite snowboard jacket right now:

http://www.option-nfa.com/2006/nfa/images/products/mens/outerwear/wookie_jacket.jpg

Helly Hansen FTW.

By far the best. And it’s reasonably priced as well. Not TOO exspensive. And the quality is ridiculous.