Winter Jacket Thread

Okay, so I am in dire need of a winter jacket and don’t mind dropping some coin on a nice ski jacket for this season.

Does anybody have some good recommendations as to what stores I should visit around town? I am going to check out High Adventures on route 7 but I wouldn’t mind checking out some other places as well.

Discuss

spyder

/thread

Carhardtt > all

Any idea on where to buy them locally?

I’m going skiing, Paul, not constructing a highway.

who says you cant ski in a Carhardtt?

Yeah and look like joe diffie going down the fucking mountain.

Well I bet you dont have the sweet mullet though.
http://www.countryuniverse.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Joe-Diffie.jpg

Honestly dude… just got to macy’s or jcpenny’s. I feel like ski shops and shit just jack up their prices like crazy. It’s too bad you missed the ski expo.

i got a good deal up at inside edge in glens falls on a spyder, its one of the lighter ones though. my heavy duty winter jacket is my columbia, fucking love that thing. waterproof, warm as hell, comfortable, not that heavy, etc etc

Is the North Face craze over?

I dunno, but I love my Columbia stuff. My last jacket was a Columbia, and so is my new one. Very comfortable, very warm, and not too expensive ($200). I ordered it directly from Columbia’s site, along with two long sleeve undershirts and a hoodie.

i have a timberland that is water proof and very warm i got for 150 at macys…

Zumiez in Crossgates typically has pretty good deals on jackets.

overpriced and definitely not the best jacket I have owned.

are you against buying online? if not check out sierratradingpost.com (free return shipping so buy 6 and then return the ones you don’t like), tramdock.com, REI Outlet, etc.

Jackets are like skis, you should never actually pay full price for them.

Burton

You get what you pay for with jackets, specifically ski/anowboard coats. JcPenny jackets arn’t anywhere near the quality of a name brand ski/snowboard jacket.

Burton’s stuff is good, but he wants a ski coat…

I have Columbia everything. No complaints.

Try Goldstocks on Freeman’s Bridge Road in Scotia. They have most brands and decent prices. I bought a North Face ski coat there last year. I was hesitant because so many people buy North Face stuff and don’t even use it for winter sports (like Hummer owners who don’t go off road) but it’s a great jacket and worth the price.

+1 for Goldstocks. great selection there.
i was at high adventure on rt. 7 last weekend to drop off my skis for a tune and their selection was definitely lacking.
check out brands such as saga, orage, and first drop. all top quality gear, but its does have a nice price tag to go along with it.