Snowboarding Jacket

So I’m in the market for a new jacket. I normally wouldn’t pay attention to this kind of thing, but since I will be in NY for quite a few more winters I figured I should get a decent one. I am going to start snowboarding this year to give myself something to do during the winter.

I was looking at some Spyder jackets at Dick’s. Anybody have input on those or any suggestions? I’d like to stay $250 or less.

I have a Burton Franchise that I wear; got it from Buffalo Boards (Tom will hook you up!)lts plenty warm on the hill. Only issue I’ve had with it is one decorative button came loose.

I see lots of Spyder jackets on the hills though.

ive ridden sessions for the past 8 years, havent been let down once
very good quality and not that expensive
tried some burton and other stuff and i wasn’t that impressed

I got my burton from Tom @ BB also, Burton, Shawn White collection. Keeps me warm I love it.

Brand doesn’t really matter. Check the waterproofing level. There is a standard number that they are all rated by. Also, you will want a powder skirt, a nice detachable hood, solid zipper and buttons.

I have a burton shell which I love on warmer days and a sessions and a 686 I rock on the colder days… +1 to what boardjnky4 said…

I’ve rocked a burton ronin, a special blend, a couple bonfire’s, and 686… as well as a couple north face’s. Never had a problem with any of them…

Find something that fits your style and you’ll be fine.

check brociety.com, whiskeymilitia.com or dogfunk.com amazing deals for great jackets