snowboard sharpening

I gotta take my board in for its virgin sharpening and waxing. Do you guys prefer phatmans on sheridian or 245 in lockport? Which place employs more knowledgeable workers vs HS kids who are txting while doing it.

Take it to the ski rack in east aurora. They have the most baller ski/board tuning equipment in wny. Cnc stone grinder, custom edge beveling, ect,ect,ect. Experienced staff in the back shop to boot.

Ski Rack FTW.

every1 at 245 knows there shit about boarding.They do good work there.

ski rack, do it

Took mine to 245 a few years back and got it back with a ding in it. Just bad exspereance maybe? I didn’t like how they just tossed all the boards in a pile but that’s just me.

/rant

It was probably like that when you took it there.Do you realize how hard it is to dent a board?
Its extremely difficult.

Just do it yourself. Best way to know what you’re getting… and then you can actually tune your equipment regularly, like it should be.

I disagree. If you are experienced, fine, but if not the unexperienced can easily screw up the edges with a file.

Does waxing and edge sharpening even make a difference?

I rode my last board for 10 years w/ ever waxing or sharpening it…

Yes

X2^. There are multi- million dollar tuning machines out there that can duplicate and or create any base sturcture possibly concieved of, as well as provide custom ceramic disc edge finishes. Skis/ boards perform way better with a correct tune. It’s a day and night difference.