snowboarders / those who work in shops

yo dre, what do u guys have in terms of bindings over there? i need sumn that will suit me nicely all over the mt.

pm me bout it

i was going to buy matching gear and look fly, but i wanted a nice board, so i figured the money was better invested there.

always is. haha.

anyways back ot. does this person need brand new stuff? cuz i almost always recommend beginners to usesd gear simple because its cheaper incase they dont stick with it, and if they bang it up being a noob, then its not a huge loss. no reason to drop 600 on a new deck when u can spend 100 and see if its the thing for you or not.

She is “new” at it. she started last year and loved it. Got sick of using the shitty rental boards so she figures she will throw a weeks paycheck at it, if she gives up, not too big of a loss.

Dre, i will def. tell her about the owners board over there. I am not sure what size she will be needing, but i will look into it this afternoon. Thanks everyone, i will post mere info later once i have time to ask her the proper questions

Mike

A little OT: Sometimes I feel like the length of my board is kind of impeding when it comes to tricks, jibbing around, etc.

When I stand next to my board, it’s about an inch above my chin. I feel like if I went shorter, grabs and spins would take less effort. btw. I weigh 150, I’m 5’8, and my board is a 153.

Thoughts?

I’m 5’10" 165 lbs and ride a 156. It comes to just below my chin, maybe between my chin and adams apple. I would ride a 158 if I were just cruising around, but 156 is a pretty good size for me

try riding a comparable board in a 151 and see how it is. 149 is prob too small for you though

im 6 ft and ride a 162. its pretty much a chore doing spins. riding pipe is also a little difficult.

ide like to get a smaller board for riding park but im not rich. i enjoy rocking it hard on trails though

I want to get a Travis Rice 154 next. they butt the nose and tail a little bit so a 154 would have the effective edge of a 156 but the swing weight of a 154. plus magne traction is TOOOITTEE

i ride a Burton canyon 168 with ride SPi bindings. it’s about the equivalent of driving an 18 wheeler down the slopes, but without that annoying toe drag. :tup:

So I’ve got to ask… Do you know anything about where ojne would be able to see those LibTech skis they’re making this year? I’m pretty curious about them, but skeptical. I’ve heard mixed reviews about them from the very few that have ridden them.

Kind of a stupid question I guess, but when you size yourself up to a board, do you do it with boots on or no? Cuz that makes a significant difference.