Snowmobile Insurance

I keep hearing we now need Insurance. Ive been out of the sport for a few years and only registered sleds in the past. Info I have found-

Insurance Requirements
All snowmobiles operated on any part of a roadway or shoulder of a highway in New York State must be covered by minimum liability insurance.
New York State Parks law requires snowmobilers to carry liability coverage in the minimum amount of $10,000 for an accident involving one person, $20,000 for an accident involving two or more persons, and $5,000 for property damage from one accident.
Proof of insurance must be carried by the snowmobiler and must be displayed on request of any magistrate, law enforcement officer, or anyone who has suffered personal injury or property damage as a result of the snowmobiler’s actions.

Since I am now back into the sport I guess I need to drop more $. Who are you guys using and what kind of rates are you paying? Normally I wouldn’t care to much but I do plan on hitting up parks and a few trips to tug hill. I guess Troopers are all over Tug this year.

I used Boltz in West Seneca, they use Progressive

It was $67 for the season…and that is the basic coverage, which I all needed really.

Keep hearing? You’ve needed insurance on sleds in NYS for a while now. Troopers, DEC, Parks Police, etc around here will stop and check you too and ticket and can impound your sled if you don’t have insurance (trust me, been checked many times in the past few years, and my brother got a ticket for no insurance).

It’s cheap. I think mine’s about $75/yr.

clarence insurance on main st in williamsville is a friend of mine, 716-633-1773 ask for Joann or call Gary directly 716-912-8600. he’s a friend of my dad’s and is my insurance guy, does a great job for me

Like I said Ive been out of the sport for a few years, never had to worry about insurance only registration.

Umm before you register join a snowmobile club. The registration fee for the sled is way less if you have a voucher showing you belong to a S/N Club

Boltz is a good guy

+1 for Boltz insurance

:tup: already done.