Sled Insurance?

Who do you guys get snowmobile insurance through? And what are you paying yearly?

So far I am looking at $365 for a year and 2 sleds through Progressive on just liability.

gieco powersports 2 sleds and a d/b 300 /yr full coverage

Didn’t see sled ins. on there site :ponder

I didnt reg mine last year, becasue it was transfered to me when I bought it and it was valid until July or somthing. Not sure if it was ok to do but i didnt want to spend the money and figured ill play dumb.

anyways. i guess I shoudl do it this year. do I have to insure it? I might have to look up what the KBB is on my machine… it might be worth it to “up grade” at the end of year! lol

377 full coverage on my 08 adrenaline. That’s thru allstate

I forget the name of my insurance for my sled. I just got it the other day through an insurance agency in Amsterdam. It’s a no name insurance company. But I think I’m paying $68 a year for just liability on an 04’ ZR-900. They asked value of it and I just said lowest book. That reminds me, I don’t think I recieved any paperwork yet.

TY American Family Home Insurance Company.
I insure my quad thru them and its only $108 per year.

Insurance is retarded on machines. It should be up to the owner to want it or not. I understand the cost is high because people wreck them left and right and want the money back to get another new one the next year. Which is a scam and fucks everyone in the long run. My fathers friend is a claim guy for all state and tells me all the time about the same ass holes that every fall their jetski somehow sinks or crashes, then in the spring their sled hits a tree and they just go on and on. Thats why your paying $400 a year, to insure something that is only used for 4 months or less! thats nuts.

I guess I have to get the minimum liability and be done with it. What ever happened to people getting hurt on your toys its your own damn fault? I have health insurance that offers me way more coverage than any liability sled insurance will offer, and my machine isn’t worth enough to put collision on it… its a waste of money to me.

Due to all those tree’s that jump out in front of everyone on other peoples land. Everyone gets sue happy, when it’s there own damn fault.

yeah back in the day when cowboys fell off horses without insurance they didnt sue the land owners they man-ed up and fixed their broken bones and had a shot of whisky.

just got insurance for my sled today, thru my insurance agent, the company insurance is thru is called modern…its only 88 dollars for the year with a 10000 liability coverage iirc.

That Insurance sounds familiar. I think I have that for my Motorcycle. They were the best a couple of years ago.

Krazy, give DiBlasi a call in Amsterdam. That is who I went through. They’ve done good for me so far. I don’t know much. But $68 a year for a 900cc sled seems like a good deal.

colision on the sled?

Oh, sorry. No, just Liability.

I went thru Scautub in Schenectady. I also insure my truck and car thru their agency.
They look around for the best rates for you. They had me switch my car insurance to another company they deal with to save me money.

BTW Ive just got basic liability on my quad.