Snowmobiling in June?

:ahh so friggin awesome. I wanna try this

works great until you loose momentum. And the fine EPA hands out isnt nice either. but yeah pondskimming is nothing new to sleds. I was so hoping to see him stuff the skiis under when he was trying to wheelie it towards the end.

buy a sled, you wont, you wont!!! :lol:lol

I did that up the Champlain Canal one spring. The ice melted and there was no other way to get across so we all rode right up the canal a good mile or so on just water.

As long as you keep giving it gas and the belt doesn’t get wet, you’re fine.

as long as your sled is running top notch and you never lose momentum it works just fine. The fine is huge and the cost for someone to fish it out is about 3x that… lol. A guy we snowmobile with tried skipping a patch of open water… got to the end and instead of going back onto the ice the left ski dropped under the ice and just stopped. Only lost it in about 6ft of water and still paid out the ass. It is quite fun though when it goes right… lol

shit is so sick consequence can be bad though hah dont wanna sink the sled in like 40 ft of water

thats such a sick lake-sled video. im impressed with the quality too. but that kids got ballllls

Yo indy440…waiting for you to chim in on this vid man…I’ve seen indy440 ride water before almost come to a full stop and take off again…he use to race water cross…this vid is a classic though

I do it, just get grass tracks. (talking about snowmobiling in the summer not skimming ponds :lol)

done and done. Just make sure your on SOFT dirt or grass 100% of the time. or else your shit is gunna get FUCKKKKKKKKKKED up.

I figured he would have already been in here…

I just called him hahaha…even looks like indy in the vid haha

I raced watercross for 4 years, 2 years of that was quite competitive in the semi-professional ranking on the EWA circuit. I gave it up at the begining of last year. check out ewaracing.com. I also raced amature on the NYSWA circuit.

Here is a video from last spring, a friend and I practicing on a local pond. The person taping is a member here ‘burnall4’. Im on the red polaris. The pond is between 2 and 12 feet deep, depending on where you’re at.

We build the sleds specifically for racing on the water. The front suspension is removed and the skis are mounted around 25 inches apart on center. The rear suspension, clutching and gearing are all calibrated just for water. We remove the oil injection and premix the fuel, running a small tank, typically around 1.5 gallons is good for around 10-12 laps depending on the size of the pond. Drains are installed in the bottom of the engine, the bottoms of the carbs, and the bottom of the gas tank. When these sink the entire engine fills with water, you need to be able to drain it quickly. My last race sled took about 5-10 minutes to have running again after retrieving it from the bottom of the pond.

is that ruban that sunk?

that shit is fun ,did it on some ponds when i was younger and didnt care ,not to that extreme no but little ponds and shit showin off .the real fun is doin it on a dirtbike

rubin is filmin asscheese

Tried this on my dirtbike, 5th gear wide open, hit a floating piece of wood, got FUCKED

my old rm would do it so well 4th pinned only sunk once in about 4 ft water lolololol

here are some pictures of me:

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/image/139610-original.jpg

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/image/121875-original.jpg