So basically, Parts Source is

…the automotive aisle from Canadian Tire. :ugh2:

I walk in there expecting something grand, and I was like WTFCanadianTire! :weaksauce:

I’ll stick to Princess Auto or equivalents

Dude, didnt you know that?

they are owned by the same company, and can even give you the canadian tire part numbers.

lol PA is the best, but not good for getting specific parts.

At least the employees in Part Source have some automotive intelligence. I’ve never had a problem finding stuff I needed there, and for the most part they are ready and willing to help.

Crappy Tire on the other hand, sheesh, I go in looking for brake pads and you think I was speaking in Japanese…And that’s after waiting for 20 mins for one of the bonehead part guys to even acknowledge my presence.

:werd:

In only ONE visit, I was told to use “DOT 4” brake fluid in my 240 AND that 10W30 is thinner/lighter weight oil than 5W30 by a guy claiming to be a long-time mechanic…

hey, shut up all of you. I work at the one in kitchener.

You wanna know what really goes on. i’ll post it later.

I wasn’t aware of PS being owned by CT but after walking in and noticing
the similarities, it wasn’t that hard to figure out.

we are “owned” by canadian tire, yes. The corperation, not the store.

Think of it like wendies and timhortins.

That said i get countless calls everyday fromt eh local Ct’s with there shitty 6 digit numbers wondering about parts.

The way it works is CT is supposed to source from napa not us. We out source from world trans, canusa, cross canada and a fe others. Not sure about Napa. We stock more of certian items and can get things faster and usually at a better price.

the one nice scam is we offer a 10% lowest price garuntee, even if CT has a 50% off sale we’ll match and beat the item…very useful to know when you’re looking for brakes or exhaust parts.

ct and ps do not carry the exact same products. Wager pads vs Monroe Pads

PS competition is NAPA
CT’s is Walmart.

we are related just like lucky DFR said^^^^

they own the name not each store

in the end both suck

clearly the two of you don’t quite know how parent companies work.

for the most part PS will stock *slightly different parts than the actual CT stores, but to go out and say “oh serious, it’s really different all together…” is a load of BS. CT controls your daily targets, your advertising, your pay per hr. everything. To say that your store sources from different wholesalers is ludacris. CT would have literally 1000 x the buying power that your 2 stores would have… Thus, CT would be able to source ANY part MUCH cheaper than your store separatly…It’s partially related to logistical marketing…y’know…well probably not. If it works differently than that, then i’ll be damed. :?

It’s a great store for my Uncle Ben though. Fo sheeze.

Canadian Tire PWNS US ALL!!! :owned:

…nevermind. :?

I work at a Canadian Tire store in Parts and il admit that most of the parts staff have no clue what they are talking about. When me and my buddy have nothing to do at work, we use an outside phone and call them asking them if they have muffler bearings for a car, or a rad for a 64 volkswagen beetle , cv axles for a 2003 mustang, or -160 celcius antifreeze, :lol: Most of the time they say that they just sold there last muffler bearing 20 minutes ago or that they have a new shipment of that anti freeze coming in next week.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah I like to play pranks on those guys too like asking them for a rad hose regulator or the best is racing pedals! One of my friends asked this guy as a joke which racing pedals give you more horse power and the guy is like " The stainless steel ones I think" So then im like no the magnisium ones aperantly can give you up to 10 horsepower" and the guy is like “Im not sure if we have magnisium ones but I will check” :lol: Me and my buddy died laughing when he went to check on the computer for magnisium racing pedals and then asked another guy that works there and the other guy was like “magnisium racing pedals? Yeah I don’t think we carry those you might want to check a performance shop they usually carry magnisium racing pedal I think my buddy bought them at performance improvement” so by this time we were almost in tears but somehow I kept a straight face and asked one more question I asked him if his buddy felt any power gain after he installed the magnisium racing pedals and the guy goes “Im not sure if he did but I would imagine so” So me and my friend walked away and almost died laughing. This was 2 years ago and up to this day we still can’t stop laughing everytime we bring up that story :lol: …Oh by the way this was at the Canadian Tire at Albion road and Kipling ave. in Etobicoke.

Parts Source was the bomb back in Alberta, back before Canadian Tire got a hold of them. They’d get you the most obscure parts if you wanted, and had great prices.

come to my store! parts source is gay shit. its canadian tire, rice central.

Your post is missing something…

he works at performance improvements, rice central #2

yes i work at performance improvements.
come on by.
i wouldnt call it rice central. people build 9 second cars with our stuff, we carry ractive and apc stuff, but hey, thats buisness. lots of good stuff.

PI has some decent shit. Price a little exeggarated at times but they have
decent supply of performance related stuff.