So I just bought....

go get it now.Plane tickets shouldnt be to much.Make a few stops on the way up to make it a fun trip.I timed mine right when i got my car to catch a Sabres final in Carolina

nice buy

[quote=“87conquestTSi,post:21,topic:32061"”]

go get it now.Plane tickets shouldnt be to much.Make a few stops on the way up to make it a fun trip.I timed mine right when i got my car to catch a Sabres final in Carolina

[/quote]

unfortunately it’ll have to be a hasty weekend trip. Missing work to go to florida wouldn’t go over well for me.
so… fly down on a friday, preferably in the morning, then slap the plates on asap and start driving back. Every time i’ve done this drive, i usually just stop at rest stops and sleep in the car for an hour or two, then keep driving…
Safe? probably not. But it makes the drive go by faster.

I’m sure i’ll find time to hit up a beach or two though…

[quote=“The_Russian,post:20,topic:32061"”]

Bigger turbo!!!

[/quote]

and a painfully loud bov!!!
lol

but seriously… i love that sound haha

[quote=“dawn,post:18,topic:32061"”]

Quoted for truth.

[/quote]

haha… i can give you the guy’s number if you wanna go check it out.

save your money because you’ll need it when it breaks down.

fly down, pick up car, and stay for a few days. its what i did when i got the hatch.

Congrats I brought my Audi A6 on ebay…wonderful seller…he brought a brand new infinity m45x, so i got the a6 at a pretty good price. Great pickup.

did you get this on Ebay?

good looking car :tup:, decent price

do yourself a favor and never do a search for info on those here. Ever. esp any threads started by Darkkstarr.

lol ^^

Solid car, I put like 25kish on my a4 when I had it with very minor problems.

Watch the coilpacks, and wheel bearings.

Does anyone else not believe that the car spent all it’s life in Florida?

Maybe it did. But I am puzzled as to why a Florida-only car would’ve had the cold-weather package?

cv boots tear like paper, ive gone thru 3 so far…

So I just got back from Miami. Flew there friday, drove the car back. about 25 hours of driving. Just drove straight back, switching drivers with my dad. Exhausting, but it got the job done.
The guy i bought it from was great. The car is amazing, cruised the 1600 miles no prob.
only minor body defects, as to be expected from a 7 year old car that spent it’s life in miami.
that’s all i got for now… it’s bed time.

[quote=“burnt_toast,post:7,topic:32061"”]

thanks, will do.
I’ve been warned, not about this specific car, but in general about control arms being shitacular on these.
anything else i should watch for?

[/quote]

I drove my A4 about 30k in an 8 month period, very very reliable. Chipped mine (with apr though) and it is quick.

I was going to warn of the control arms, I had to replace 2 on mine. Also the “secondary air pump” is a very common code to pull.

Good price, slap 3-4 into a turbo setup and run low 13’s high 12’s and have a great dd.

nice buy man. hope everything turns out good for ya.

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:33,topic:32061"”]

Watch the coilpacks, and wheel bearings.

Does anyone else not believe that the car spent all it’s life in Florida?

Maybe it did. But I am puzzled as to why a Florida-only car would’ve had the cold-weather package?

[/quote]

Because its loaded? My subaru has all the cold weather goodies and I live in Atlanta.

[quote=“walter,post:38,topic:32061"”]

Because its loaded? My subaru has all the cold weather goodies and I live in Atlanta.

[/quote]

truth.

people who live their whole lives in florida freeze to death when it hits 65 at night, so the heated seats are a nice luxury. they also worked nicely to relieve back pain when i was about 14 hours into the drive…haha

plus the guy i bought the car from was actually selling it for his older sister. she has 2 kids, lived there her whole life and bought the car new from the dealer. She kept every single service record from the past 7 years, and gave them all to me. It’s legit.

he kinda influenced her to do a few mods to it, because he’s rich and didn’t want to see it go un-modded… like the GIAC chip, Greddy Type “RS” Blow Off Valve setup, stage 1 SPEC clutch system, etc all installed by the dealer.
he spent a ton of money having them all installed, as the records show, but at least i know he didn’t do the installs in his garage with a chainsaw and guerrilla glue.

and now i’m so used to fighting sleep to keep my eyes on the road, i can’t sleep. damn.