So I just changed my wheels...

…hope I didn’t forget anything. :shock:

Wheels torqued to 87 ft-lb. First time changing wheels on any car, ever.
Should I be gettin a prize or something. :hahano:

=D>

=D>
=D> =D>
=D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :lol:
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D>
=D> =D>
=D>

What’s the arrow pointing to besides the LOL? Anywho, I just get paranoid
about these things, but anywho, glad I did it. That and the fact that I got
my torque wrench off eBay and wasn’t 100% sure if it was calibrated. I
torqued my existing wheels and it clicked at 87ft-lb so I’m gonna assume
it’s all good.

Think I should get an alignment done anytime soon? I can’t next few days
cuz the car is goin to shop for rust repairs.

Alignment after changing wheels? No way… only get an alignment when you fool around with the suspension, or other things like tie rod ends, etc.

Torque wrench?? Bah! :slight_smile: Uneccessary… I just torque my wheels almost to the point where I can’t torque anymore. There’s no point, I mean 99% of garages NEVER use a torque wrench for lugnuts.

But if it gives you peice of mind, then go for it. :slight_smile:

man i just tighten until i cant tightne no more…

i’m pretty weak so i dont know if it’s 87 lbs or not… meh

I used to do it to 90ft-lbs but now I just tighten to about what feels right… My wheels haven’t fallen off, so its all good.

The danger isn’t so much undertightening (not to say its safe) but over tightening…

overtightening can warp the rim and overstrain ur hub

anywho best investment is to get a good torque wrench :smiley:

first question, when you tightened the wheel, did you do the cris-cross pattern?

so much for torque specs… so if you guys ever do your own diy suspension swap, head removal, or any other contraptions, you guys just torque it to the point where you feel is tight enuff? i think getting the wheels torqued with the proper specs ensures your own driving safety as well as other’s sharing the same road/highway. you don’t wanna kill anyone on the highway because of a wheel that let loose right?

anyone that is tightening their wheel nuts to the point that it will no longer move, 99% of the time it’ll be over-torqued. how many pounds do you guys all weigh? more than 100 pounds i would figure. putting your weight to tighten a wheel nut will not only over torque the nut, but you also risk putting too much pressure on the wheel stud, increasing the likelihood for it to break. mechanics (seldomly) use torque bars on their impact when tightening your wheels. they’re usually rated at 90 foot pounds.

that’s my 2 cents, enjoy

Yea, i did the criss-cross way. I did the same when taking them off.

I don’t like to take chances, no matter how unlikely something is to go wrong.

hmmm so 200lbs is too much eh… :stuck_out_tongue:

Gonad dont do allignment now, if anything do it in the spring the winter can do some harmful things to your suspention.