so i rode a snowmobile yesterday

this was the second time i ever rode one. i rode a old 400 something about 10years ago, it was unimpressive and i could have cared less about them up until yesterday. so yesterday i’m over at my parents house working on daddy’s truck. i walk down to my aunt and uncles to see what 's going on. my cousin just rebuit his sled, it’s a 700cc triple Ski Doo. it has spikes on the tracks aftermarket pipes the whole deal. so i take it out to the field where i could get a few WOT runs. HOLY FUCK. this damn thing will stand straight up. i can say that this has to be the fastest thing i’ve ever been on.i had to leave up at 90mph cause i was at the end of the field, but that took about 4-5 seconds. if i was a rich SOB i would be out buying a bigger one right now. that thing was bad ass.

:bowrofl: lol glad you had fun!!!

snowmobiles are so much fun

I used to ride snow mobiles when i visited family in up-state Vermont…

My uncle rides one to work in the wintertime…

sounds awsome!

they are ridiculously fast, scares the shit out of me sometimes

haha…nice! well if Don says its fast then ill take his word for it…knowin his mx background

it’s definatly fast, i would have even mentioned it if i didn’t think it was.

there was a sled at prp last summer going 9.'s

hell yea, street bikes, snowmobiles, and jet skis are some FAST acceleration

dont forget dirt bikes :greddy:

http://www.jannettyracing.com/media_files/TedSnow.wmv

exactly

i used to work with the guys who build/ race it.
the watsons from altoona

mark was the driver at prp
sled hold the world record for 4 sec 1/8 mile ice drags in canada

my g/f’s dad has a new Yamaha… its the 1000cc triple with 120 horsepower… the only one in their line above it is the X1(which has an R1 motor strapped in it from what i hear)… i rode it once, and it was sweet… i just can’t turn them… just like quads… i just don’t have the mentality from bike riding all these years… i had it on 1 ski twice the only time i’ve ever ridden it… pretty scary, considering they weight 8 billion pounds and its not mine

you can’t compare dirt bikes to this kind of acceleration. not even a fully done 500…

my cousin said his should be around 150 hp and it’s a 2 stroke not 4…

how can u say that after riding a new YZ125???

kenny’s sled on nos>*

dirtbikes don’t compare

Depends how “fully built” the 500 is. I bet I could find a guy that could build a 500 dirt bike engine that would make that snowmobile cry for it’s momma.