So i was officially offered my new job today (dont click if you dont give a fuck)

Official name of the position (for now) will be Pool Operations Manager. We have 2 big pools now, a kiddie pool, and a hot tub, plus a new big pool and a new hottub in the indoor section. So I will be responsible for the day to day operations of the pool. I will have 8-9 staff members working directly under me. I’ll also be in charge of everything else in the main building, which includes and arcade, fitness room, guest laundry and a couple other things. I’ll have to work in cooridination with the Group Sales Manager (my old boss, who WAS the Front Desk Manager but got promoted) and the General manager. The only people I have to answer to are the GM and the owners. I’ll have to make schedules, set up birthday parties and events that use the new building or the adjacent pavilion/cookout facilities, hire and fire my staff. I’ll be salary now with a base salary of $23,500, which will probably go up quickly as the position expands. I know it doesnt really sound like all that much, but Im gonna be building the position from the ground up, not like Im walking right into it and just taking over. After the first year, I’ll probably leave the day to day shit to a supervisor of my choosing and take on a much more administrative role. Either way, it will be a hell of a lot more interesting than checking in assholes all day, and will look hella sweet on a resume.

IB:gives:

is this different than the other one or is this just a repost without the flaming? (just curious)

cool…and good luck with it mikey!!!

Congrats man.

-TJ

pretty much the same thing as I was told before, but with a few changes. My boss was all excited about it and told me about it before consulting with his wife (which got him in a shitload of trouble, lol), but now its 100% official. :slight_smile:

well then congrats

thanks

congrats mike

if you are pool man I want to come and shit in all the pools

i’ll shit in your mouth

:rofl:

Its the pool man. Areyou going to be a pool man like adam sandler in “airheads”

sweet mike finally a break. anyways did you check on those days for me?

nice mike, i am proud of you! that salary is not bad at all… especially since at one time you probably owed that much to people!

i did, and i wrote it down and brought it home, and now I cant fucking find it.

Edit: I checked online, and it looks like the best you can get is $410 for a room with a single bed in the main hotel (where Whitey stayed last year), or $550 for a room back by the pools w/ 2 doubles and a small fridge. If it was any time but 4th of July weekend, I could probably hook you up a little better. I cant even get a discount for myself then.

haha, yeah debt is a bitch. With all the overtime I worked this year, i didnt even hit 20K. So if you divide up the salary, its the equivalent of making 11.25 an hour, which is a nice bump from $9. But my actual base salary is 22,000, 1,500 of that is bonuses. :cool: My bosses rock. It will be so nice to have a constant schedule with 2 days off in the summer. Plus we got full health benefits starting the first of the year, but thats for all full time employees that have been there for over a year. Either way, im pretty happy. Much better than busting my ass waiting tables in a sweaty ass restaurany.

you will keep going up as long as you work hard! this position is a great way to go up, and get some great things going on

yeah, its gonna be cool to go back to my old job at the restaurant where i was fired and rub it in their faces. Their main reason for firing me was because I “wasnt a team player, and wasnt responsible enough”. Now im gonna be solely in charge of the 2.5 million dollar expansion project at the largest hotel in OC. :kekegay: What a difference a year’s worth of hard work makes. Now the real hard work begins. Its exciting to have a boss have so much faith in you.

i dont give a shit:D

congrats:D

only reason I care is because that means a less chance of him moving back to PA :smiley: