So I went out to get a gallon of milk and came back with this:

E-machines T3882

Celeron D 2.8GHz
80GB HD
CDRW/DVD ROM
256MB Ram

yay for me.

should of just got the milk.

y be careful mike we’ve had two of those emachines totally lockup and burn at work in the last year.

fuck yo couch nigga. Its a hell of a lot better than my PIII 450 from like 1999. And it was $350 after rebate.

what milk company is giving out computers? was it 2% milk?

really? :hsugh:

oh well, it was only $350. I’ll get around to getting a nice computer sometime after summer. This is just a temporary fix.

i have had my e machine for like 2 years and its all good

it should work just fine for what you need.

:cool:

werd. To be honest all i really use it for is to listen to MP3’s and browse the interweb.

• Celeron
    x2 RAM
    = good deal

I’m not partial to celery processors. If you’re happy then well… ok

I hate rebates

I’ve had my emachine since 2000…no probs at all…I just actually put in another memory card and added a wireless card myself and it’s hella fast and we are on dsl…also picked up a new harddrive but for that I will let our work IT ppl take care of installing that and getting all my stuff from pt a to pt b…mine is just personal use as well, music, pix and internet…

What kinda pix??? :naughty:

i dont have the time/energy/motivation to piece together a nicer comp for cheap. I was about to throw my old hunk of shit throught the window. It wasnt even letting me get on the internet anymore. That was the last straw. I wanted something today and I wanted something cheap. Its 80 degrees out, and its 4/20 so I made a run up to Circuit City and did what I had to do. If it only lasts me till September before I get something nice, I’d happily pay $350 to have something half decent until then.

Which is why I don’t understand why people would bash the Celeron. Shit any computer you buy today is capable of listening to mp3s and browsing the internet and checking email. Buying a faster computer with a better processor is not going to have a noticeable effect on the speed of doing any of those things.

When my laptop died last year I had to buy the cheapest replacement possible, it’s a Celeron and works perfectly for what I use it for, even for some of the engineering applications that I use.

i’m sure if you just run a good virus protector it will do you fine if that’s all you doin with it :cool:

yup yup.

bullshit. There is a very noticable difference between a celeron and a standard P4 even just navigating through the Windows interface. Now to someone who’s been on a 450mhz since who knows when, that difference will not be as noticable. In fact, I’m sure he’ll be in heaven compared to the old machine. But to anyone who uses a regular P4, then goes to use a celery of the same or greater speed, WILL NOTICE a signifigant difference. It’s a value chip for a reason.