So I'm manufacturing an Electric Bike...

Hey guys,

My next endeavor outside of music is something we’ve been working on for months and I could use some support…I’m starting an electric bike company.

Check it out, share it with your friends, tell people etc.

Hope you guys are all well. I’m sure it’s changed over the years a ton but I miss the car game so much - moving to NYC got me riding bikes LOL

-D

Man I thought this was going to be like the electric Harley and got excited… for the shit I could give @newman & @King :slight_smile:

Good luck man! Although the Puerto Rican market in Buffalo is already flooded with the little gas motor bikes, or at least that’s how it seems, lol.

• Updated - - -

On a serious note though I always wondered why some projects jump right to crowd funding instead of going the traditional financing route. Was there something that made you guys go this route instead? The product seems nearly final and consumer ready.

People seem to love crowd funding, I don’t have to give a piece of the company up, and everything stays ours.

Plus, product validation. Not a better way to find out if something’s going to work - if in 30 days you don’t get the financial backing you needed and your business fails, it’s better than 2-3 years of dumping money, time and resources into it.

Kickstarter allows a good platform to really get an idea of the demand quickly, and if it’ll work. We’ve got the entire product ready to roll, it’s really just pumping promotion and PPC into it to see if we can gather the interest making it worth our while.

Love the video, nice presentation with those pants and that ass. Of course the bike is good as well.

lol ayyy

I haven’t used mine in years. But 45mph and ~30mile range was cool. I need to dig it back out someday.

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?221484-Electric-Bicycles

woah, that’s crazy lol, lipos just strapped up on the frame. 45 mph is insane!

In for 599. Good luck with the project.

Aw man, thank you! You’re going to love this thing!

35 mile range with pedal Assist? What exactly,is pedal assist? What’s the range without pedal assist?

Cool, is the back going to be built in buffalo?

Pedal assist is assisted pedaling - you pedal and the bike brings in power to back you.

I’m in NYC now, so no :frowning:

Oh shipping in December. Perfect timing. Lol

Nice work dude. Looks awesome tho.

Should be shipped in February actually- going to take quite a bit as we have to manufacture them, and then ship them via sea.

Thanks man! So far we got a request for a TV show, and a pretty major tech blog is going to demo the bike today. Pretty crazy.

Mind sharing the reason you went for a Kickstarter and not private capital since you seem to be far ahead and have quite an awesome product?

I’ve been researching ebike for a year or two… the market will be exploding soon. laws are the weird part for somebody like you. I think these are illegal in NY currently. If you can get out ahead this might do well. good luck man.

I was just going to ask about the legality of all these motorized devices. Go peds are illegal unless they have lights, turn signals, are registered and insured. How is this any different than a gas powered bike with pedals?

Technically it’s off road use only here in NY. That said, NYC is exploding with ebikes. They are everywhere here…every delivery guy has one.

I agree. The industry is going to boom soon… Hoping my timing is right!

Boxxa, I wrote a previous post about why Kickstarter. Product validation is a big part. I would prefer to play with my own money, not someone else’s.

I think the timing is right! But I always have concerns about lithium ion battery management. If you don’t have the battery expertise I’d be willing to offer my advice. Just message me on Facebook messenger.

Appreciate that - there is a huge gap to be filled in the market.

I’ll hit you if I need anything, I am sure I will.