Motorized my bicycle

Don’t know if this is the right secton, but it seems to fit so move it if you have to.

I think it’s awesome.

My friend has been talking me into getting one of these with him for a long time now. They went on sale to $115 plus shipping, I was sold. The kit will fit any 26" V frame bike and make it into a motorized bicycle with the ability to switch between power and pedal effortlessly. This kit is an 80cc motor with clutch, seperate chain and drive sprocket, handgrip throttle, killswitch, hand lever clutch, ign coil, gas tank etc…

Took about two hours to install our kits and here is how mine ended up.

So we needed to break these things in the right way. Here is a vid of that.

Just a little ass clowning, siqq burnoutz, trail riding, and some cornering tests. Sorry the cam is so shaky when it’s mounted on the bike but it was expected.

I know it looks so :gay: I am addicted to this thing now. I get to work in 2:45 as opposed to driving wich took 5 mins of seat time, and the warmup time and more gas and blah blah blah.

Anyone else have one?

looks like fun!!! You have to pedel to get it going?

How much nos you running under there?

People must look at your funny all the time, haha moving without pedeling

skrappAr, that is amazing! hahah :tup:

Aren’t they illegal to run pretty much everywhere except private property, like the go-peds?

the best things in life are illegal

:lol: Hank you’ve got issues. I like it.

Yeah, answered my own question.

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/dmvfaqs.htm#motor

Motorized Scooters, Mini-Bikes, Dirt Bikes, Go-Karts, Motor Assisted Bicycles

You cannot register any of the motorized devices from the list below in NYS. You cannot operate these devices on sidewalks, public streets or highways in NYS. These devices are motor vehicles, but they do not have the correct equipment or design for operation on roadways.

* Motorized Scooter - a device with a motor attached and a handlebar for a standing rider.  An example of a motorized scooter is the device called the Go-ped®.
* Mini-bike - a small, motorized device with two wheels and created for off-road use. A mini-bike does not qualify as a moped, a motorcycle or an ATV.
* Dirt Bike - a motorized device like a motorcycle, but created for and used for off-road use. Some "dirt bikes" qualify as an ATV. These vehicles can register and operate off-road as an ATV.
* Go-Kart - a small, motorized device with four wheels, created for off-road use. You cannot register a go-kart as a motor vehicle or ATV because a go-kart does not have the same equipment.
* Motor-assisted Bicycle - a bicycle to which a small motor is attached. A motor-assisted bicycle does not qualify for a registration as a motorcycle, moped or ATV and does not have the same equipment.

These devices are not allowed on any street, highway, parking lot, sidewalk or other area that allows public motor vehicle traffic. You are subject to arrest if you operate one of these motorized vehicles and do not have a registration, driver license, inspection, insurance or correct equipment. The DMV can not provide any information about operation of these devices on private property. Contact the local authorities and property owners.

So don’t be surprised if you’re using this to get to work if the cops ticket you.

Looks like a lot of fun though.

wear a full helmet when you ride it

That’s assuming they can catch him! Run, skrappar, run! :run:

that looks great… if you see a cop, just turn the motor off and pedal?

Sun’s with freaking lasers!!

Pretty sweet. Stupid NYS always gotta ruin the fun.

Any way you could install a decent muffler on it? I’m guessing the cops wouldn’t even notice if it didn’t sound like a weed wacker cruising down the street.

Thats the ultimate Hybrid
but dude you wrecked a nice bike

haha. I need to get this on Mikes Dyno.

It is illegal while using the motor, technically not if I am pedaling though. but any cop can ticket me for anything on this haha.

I am well aware of the laws and the risks. It is just waay too much fun and the gas savings are great. Also the one offroad vid is of me going from work to home…all trail riding and about 10 sec of street.

Wrecked a nice bike??? bwahaha these were $200 new. I paid $50 for it, and turned it into a monster.

It is true what they say…you know, mopeds fat chicks and friends seeing you do it. I honestlt feel like a tool sometimes but whatever.

These are ALLLLL over down here… so weird seeing a guy on a bike cruising at 40 mph and NEVER pedaling. hahaha

how fast does it go?

Thats aweseome! And ideal for your work situation. You look like a bear on a tricycle though.

as it sits…about 30 give or take a few. Once i get and install the new exhaust, carb jetting, and rear sprocket, 45 no problem…on a bicycle!!!

I have an electric one with about 30 miles range that tops out at 22ish mph. After improvements this winter it should be hitting about 30mph.