so, is it normal for Walbro fuel pumps to do this?

This is more geared for the Mustang people, but I’ll take any help i can at this point. I got a Walbro fuel pump for my Mustang, and i seem to have a problem: the bracket that holds the fuel pump looks like this:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2166/2380480445_b881ab36d5.jpg?v=0

Walbro’s instructions show the bracket to look like this:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2188/2380481039_06ba44e1e4.jpg?v=0

thus, the new pump does not fit. I went so far as to go to the auto parts store i work at and look at the replacement one, and it is the same as what i have. I’m not sure where to go from here. not sure if i should modify the bracket I have to make it work, or what. I called Walbro earlier and they basically told me they didnt know what to tell me because they were certain that no Mustang ever had the part that I was describing to them.

mike i would fax them a picture of the instructions and ask why they don’t know what your talking about

I think they’re closed for the day now, but I will call again tomorrow…maybe I’ll get someone a little less arrogant on the phone.

yeah thats annoying

cut the bottom right out that bitch …

then find a couple of metal tie wraps … (the ones you get for header wrap)

and use those to secure the pump in between the 2 sides …

I was hoping you’d respond to this. Im gonna go try that

if you go to ford does you’re oem pump holder look like waht you have, or like what the instructions show?

trust me … i,ve done a couple …

Yup, I did mine this way also

ok i got that now just trying to get it in the tank. its like putting a square [eg in a round hole it seems like

i have 2 pumps secured with 2 worm clamps, and that’s the same way i did chucks. no issues

yeah i used the header wrap ties and they seemed to work great. the hose helps hold it in there too. it took some fiddling around with to get it to sit in there right but i got it all back together and got the tank back in no problems.

god i hope you didn’t wire his…

hey now.

you need to finish my in-car wiring this weekend foo