Trouble with Walbro fuel pump

i installed a walbro fuel pump in my s14 and noticed that it wasnt pumping any fuel so i :
-took the pump out of my car and submerged it in fuel in a container and tried to run it again, still nothing just makes noise

• then i took the sock off it in case the sock was plugging something and i took the rubber hose off the other end and put it back in

all it did was make noise and swirl fuel around and spit it back out through the same hole. Nothing came out of the pump on the other end where its supposed to pump out the fuel

Anyone know whats going on? bad fuel pump or what?

Thanks!

sounds like it. (bad pump)

has any one else had this problem or heard of it, is it known to have this problem sometimes?

I think this is the same problem my car is having. When I turn the car in ignition the pump makes a creaking noise then doesnt prime. Its odd because I just bought this pump about a year ago.

hmm weird…
ill probaly just trade up for a new pump i guess and see what happens…i cant really think of any other reason why it would do that
i need to get this done asap

Hmm let me know how it goes. Ill probably have to switch mine

this really isn’t that weird. most likely the propeller is jammed or the shaft is just spinning in the center of it. So guess what. Unless you can pull it apart and repair the propeller, its garbage. Sorry man. best of luck that I’m wrong but its really the same design as a boat pump and i know how those work.

well i solved the problem!
for some reason i hooked the wiring up backwards :S
switched it up and works perfect now
thanks for the help!

Hmm, guess mine is broken then lol. Cause it was running perfectly for a year