So, lets talk about the awesome plot holes in I Am Legend *Spoilers*

i agree with some holes but here are my answers and i think there are less than what you listed

-yeah movie grenades…but i have never seen one blow up 5’ from me so it all looks pretty real to me

-dark seekers set the trap. i think the clue is when will smith is doing his video diary and mentions that they are totally void of human charecteristics. i think he was wrong and the trap was set by them (it is his perception that is failing) they obviously put frank there, so they watch him, and so it can be assumed they watch him with the traps as well. also, why would they be sitting there with dogs if they werent waiting for the trap. newman has a point, i just give the dark seekers more credit i guess. i agree, the 6" of light and then the dude NOT coming out when will was vulnerable is suspect, tyhat was a HUGE hole to me

• not sure

-during the movie i thought she got there by boat. but they never show it, and when she resues him she is driving something, and it sounds big. bigger than the ford escape she shows up to the colony in. the storyline said she was on an isolation boat from peru…so i assumed she arrived by boat, but like i said, never was confirmed

• totally agree

my g/f brought up the point that there should be a fail safe in the lab…like a gas or some sort of gun turrets. but to be honest this was a hole for me from the begginging. the dude had everything set up and it was all done himself. this reminds me of the thread about how much the average american male can do. judging by what they showed his house to have, and what we assume he does himself WITH NO OTHER HELP, inlcuding i am assuming no internet for guidelines:

weld
wire exterior bombs
move light generators and fit them for UV
install a water heater in an abnormal location in the house
install shatter resistant glass, in a single piece, in a basement
all this on top of being a doctor/biologist

there are a ton more holes such as why the dark seekers couldnt smell people…why the hive was standing in a circle and didnt seem to care about will smith being there, obvious noise/scent

bah…it was a great thriller, and one of the better movies i have seen in a while, but suspension of disbelief has to be higher i will admit that