So my insurance adjuster basicly said "you're shit outa luck"

long story short, I hit a deer, caused some damage to my truck. Me being stupid and thinking my insurance would actually do what I pay them to, I took it to a shop ad got a quote. They quoted me for around 1k. My insurance said that becuase the ruck is a 96 (even though its in near mint condition), its not worth it to shell out that much to fix it. Does anybody here do bodywork that could help me? I dont know shit about body work really. I have to replace the grill, headlight mount, radiator mount, and fix a dent. I will gladly pay fo your time. The insurance co is giving me a check for $700 and washing their hands of the situation.

Sooo if they won’t pay to fix it for the quote, won’t they total it… ie, giving you totaled value? whatever that may be…

yeah they said it was only worth like 900? no fucking clue why. even the guy at the shop told me that was complete bullshit becuase its in great condition. has 31k on a rebuilt motor, new gas tank, new tires, new brakes, etc. I bought it for $1800.

And I dont want to total a truck thats in great shape just becuase it needs a little body work. I just want it to look nice again and not be a rez bomber.

You now have a salvage title, yippy.

naw he said its not going to be a salvage title becuase the damage really wasnt that bad. its just expensive to fix.

the rebuilt motor dosent mean dick on value to insurance unless you have all the reciepts and documents to prove it, they go by chassis mileage.

its 14 years old. you over paid.

i wish i knew more about what turns a vehicle into a salvaged title and warrents a salvaged inspection, im pretty sure older vehicles are exempt, but how old?

yeah he said that becuase of its age that it doesnthave to have a salvage title. grrrr. Im still on full disability for at least another 6 weeks. fml.

6 years and older do not have to be sent in to the DMV for a salvage title. he is free and clear on that issue

Also correct that insurance doesnt care about a rebuilt motor etc. In their eyes a car is supposed to have a running motor. It is one of the costs of owning a vehicle. Having a rebuilt motor in your car doesnt add value. Having a motor that doesnt run does decrease the value.

When I hit a deer in my firebird, the insurance co ‘totaled’ it. No salvage title and a check for the value of the car - deductible and buy back. The damage was a small tear in the bumper, busted headlight, tiny dent in the hood, and a dented fender.

:bigtup: i never knew the exact break offs, thats good to know as i never plan to own anything that new, unless my giant ass fits in a fiat500

700$, jeg im pming you, i know a guy who has so many s10 parts you wouldnt believe it.

Just grab that stuff at M&M or something- they have a ton of S10s/Blazers, you should be able to find a grille in color. The dents don’t look too bad. Even if you wanted to have those fixed at a shop, you’d probably come out on top money-wise if you got a used grille and headlight parts.

I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance this month by dropping my policy!

Errr… that sounds about right. Like airhead suggested, go to M&M or some other u-pull it type yard, get your parts, and profit.

That and maybe argue a bit just to get a bit more.

word thanks guys :yup:

Are you ever not on disability?

total truck
buy back
fix
win