So Obama gets another term

Kinda surprised there wasn’t a thread already but what are your thoughts on the countrys’ future for the next 4 years?

Personally I think as long as the republicans hold the house it’s going to be similar to the last 4 lots of promises and the parties fighting eachother instead of making necessary changes.

Honestly I expect to see the parties help each other out more since they both have to look better for 2016. With Obummer still in office, they don’t have to make it look like all of his ideas failed anymore.

Republicans still control house, Dems have senate and pres. Fucked for another for years with nothing getting done. Good luck passing any kind of budget.

My retirement will stay intact and I won’t have to deal with shitty SS. All I really care about. Investing some in gun stocks and continuing my life not stressing and arguing with people over that shit.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZZt3jPDvNQ[/ame]

So true about all the “stuff” he talks about. Bill O’ Reilly cracks me up though, the balls he has on national TV.

I’m shocked but not surprised by the outcome of this election. When you have a huge percentage of folks that live off the system then it’s guaranteed that they’ll vote to keep their meal ticket in power (See Bill O’Reilly Vid Above). Couple that with the fact most of these people are minorities then you have a double whammy effect since Obama gets their vote simply by the color of his skin. Thankfully the GOP still controls the house but I honestly don’t think this country can sustain four more years of Obama. I think the America that comes out of Obama’s final term will be vastly different than the America we all grew up with. At this point I can only hope for gridlock goverment with the House fighting Obama on every issue.

^ Just for fun, look up the numbers of Redneck, trailer trash, 10 kid families on welfare and food stamps that dominate the red states.

Either way, from what I gather last night -

Christian god likes to fuck with millions of praying voters who were praying EXTRA HARD (whatever that means) last night and got the Muslim back again.

The rapture is coming now, or many hope it comes asap.

America is ruined.

Strong grass roots movement to impeach Obama.

2008 trackphone free government phone program expanded by Bush is a 2009 and on problem

Apparently food stamps can be used to by beer, cigarettes, and other nonsense (they cant)

Gun rights are over

He’s not “their” president

Biggest patriots apparently love to divide the country and want to start a rebellion to show the blind what they see

Chris Christie is to blame as a traitor

Etc.

I was going to make a thread on this, as its incredibly intertaining to read many comments from last night. Especially the praying ones where god was on their side.

Reality? 4 more years of almost no major changes. Life goes on as it were. World didnt end in 2008, it won’t end now. Politics are back in play and our debt is still fucked, and gas is still expensive.

If you think Romney would have gotten into rr your out of your mind.

I stay out of this shit, but regardless of who won, nothing major would have changed in the short term, a lot of people seem to think a new president means major change and a giant uturn in the countrys direction on such a mass scale is a relatively short amount of time.

Obama fell short on a lot of his promises, and aside from some policies that I do not agree with things have been getting better, the debt was not all his fault, he just happened to be in the middle of it when shit really started to hit the fan. I’d rather let the guy who’s had the reigns and knows whats going on, and hope things get straightned out on his next term then elect the new guy who has no real idea what the fuck is going on having not been in the office for the past 4 years. Same thing happened with bush when he took over from clinton, and he got blamed for all of it when it was not all his fault.

Democrat or republican, really doesn’t fucking matter to me so long as they have this country as a whole in their best interest and not just themselves and their friends.

I’d say the best result is that we most likely will not get caught up in invading Iran.
As for gridlock. I don’t see it being quite as bad. Obama is now a lame duck, so there isn’t a huge upside in trying to make him look bad. Also if within the next 2 years it ends up the same old same old, nothing passes the House of Representatives. It would be feasible to lay most of that blame on the Congressmen themselves, who of course face re-election every 2 years. Might not look good for them…

Hopefully the Exec and Leg branches stay dead locked. Its never good when one party has complete control.

Can we have a new party please? One that is fiscally conservative and more liberal on social acceptance. This way the left can’t buy all the new free ride and immigrant votes and auto-get the less conservative majority (the right needs to adjust to the change of peoples mindset and acceptance of alt lifestyles etc) and the right may not have to pander as strong to the dwindling church.

I suggest everyone in their 20-30s do whatever they can to land a government job or union job. Don’t be a job creator.

Otherwise, The only way I see a republican winning again is when the country becomes one not unlike some European countries and spiraling down uncontrollably… and were a strong country so that may take a while.

Like it or not we agree on somethings. :wow

Where were comments like this previously? Or did I miss them with all the attacks. :shifty

+rep

These are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

T-Paine in da house

When will we all be in the history books again?

As un human as it sounds… a part of me wants to see something monumental happen kinda soon.

For once I agree… So many angry people out there, not doing too much about it…

I’ll third that movement. It’s going to come to a head when they try and take our guns.

Nobody is taking anyone’s guns, and if they are it’s coming from your state reps, not the feds. Obama is no longer interested in appealing to his base because he cannot run again, so he’s going to look to Bill Clinton’s second term and follow his model. Now it’s about legacy, and what better legacy can you have than leaving the country in better shape than when you got it? They’ll start working together very soon, especially since House Republicans lost a number of the “Tea Party” members that came in in 2010 and refused to compromise on anything.

Now hopefully the GOP learned its lesson after some embarrassing US Senate losses in MO and IN that you can’t expect to gain and maintain power when you’re being pushed by extremists.

It doesn’t matter who won, really. In 4 years or less its a proven fact the majority of the US population will hate the current president. Remember when everyone wanted to impeach Clinton? Remember it was under Clintons term he signed the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban? And now he’s the greatest president ever.

Same thing will happen with Obama, hated now, loved later.

Was G.W. Bush that bad? He made you laugh, but you hated him.

youtu.be/DEbZqvMu2cQ

There needs to be more jobs right now. Plain and simple. Vermont, in particular Rutland County would benefit greatly from a large manufacturing corporation like a GM or Ford assembly plant, micro-chip plant, etc. Something that takes entry level and college level employees, not just $8 an hour entry level employees or a masters degree to start. I purposely drive through Malta every time I’m near there and it saddens me on what other areas could be. One large Global Foundries plant and what it did for that area is amazing. Everyone benefits. Car dealerships, new homes being built, better quality of life, and so on. What we need for a start is to bring back US manufacturing, not to keep giving it to China. Thats a start at least.

again like I said months back… work ethic is the key to success.

If the business owners want to to well, and do well for OTHERS… there will be success.

If workers want to to well, and do well for OTHERS… there will be success.

If students want to to well, and do well for OTHERS… there will be success.

If kids want to to well, and do well for OTHERS… there will be success.

you break that chain and one or a small group will be retarded successfull and the rest will all suffer. You can look at the shit around you right now and find exactly my point made above.

Throw in the mix all the easy ways outs for EVERYONE above in my examples and the chain weakens.

and bush was the MAN. I feel like I could have a beer at a bar and shoot the shit with him all night. Might actually get something accomplished over that beer too! lol He was just like you and mee it seemed. Knew he didnt have to be perfect, but he just had to Give Er’ Hell and try and when ya fuck up, admit it and move on.