So what's next?

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:59,topic:27543"”]

You driving the M3 in winter next year?

[/quote]

yep unless i get a windfall of money before then, i got snows for it, and it handles great, another guy in my apt complex has an 03 m3 that he bought new, its been through every winter and still looks brand new

[quote=“Viper966,post:61,topic:27543"”]

yep unless i get a windfall of money before then, i got snows for it, and it handles great, another guy in my apt complex has an 03 m3 that he bought new, its been through every winter and still looks brand new

[/quote]

Let me know how that goes…I want to try to find a used M3 in 11-12 months.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:62,topic:27543"”]

[/quote]

Sweet LS1 swap. Great idea!!!

x… :headbang:

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:62,topic:27543"”]

[/quote]

i just drove it this winter, the car is sold, with snow tires the DSC keeps you pointed straight and wont let you screw up, if you turn DSC off you will wad the car up, its barely stable in the dry and alot of the idiots on m3f wreck their cars turning DSC off and are not used to how quickly these cars can bite you if you do not know its limit…

there is no real dif between a m3 and a normal 3 series in the winter, as long as u have winter tires you are fine, i would suggest however getting some 225/17’s for the winter as my 245’s are a little wide but still work great, the guys with the 225’s are very competant in the winter

not interested in a used G coupe joe? :gotme:

[quote=“LAFENGAS,post:60,topic:27543"”]

or you can just add these cars to the long list of cars you say you’re gonna buy…but don’t.

[/quote]

nothing is ever perfect enough (well the C4S is but for a good example I’d have to adjust my current spending) :confused: I knew going into the EVO that luxo wasn’t in mind when they put the car together, and I thought I could deal with it for 3-4 years (especially coming from the teg)…but i just can’t

In a perfect world I’d have an E320 and a used GT3…but alas I can’t live in a shithole

I will buy a GT3, but 70-85K right now just isn’t a smart idea…

I need to take the EVO to MB & Acura to get it appraised, just to see if BMW is giving me a really good number or run-of-the-mill…if it’s a great number like I think it is I might have to take the money and run.

[quote=“87FOXGT,post:65,topic:27543"”]

not interested in a used G coupe joe? :gotme:

[/quote]

I was thinking about settling for a new G-coupe just b/c they’re priced so much better than a 335, but I really dislike the interior design on them. And since I can’t order new white/black that kinda settled that for me.

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:55,topic:27543"”]

+1 for the C4 as a daily just make sure the RMS has been done

Joe you could pick up your old teg for cheap, but going from awd to ff might suck

[/quote]

I did think about a C4 (well C4S) but even if I got a great deal, sam reminded me that I’d be paying out the ass for upkeep.

I really don’t want to go back to FF…although I do love that car

NSX?

daily driver?

As much as I haaaate to admit it…I’d rather thrash an exige around a track than an NSX

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:68,topic:27543"”]

daily driver?

As much as I haaaate to admit it…I’d rather thrash an exige around a track than an NSX

[/quote]

Yeah, I didn’t mean for a DD. It’s just I know you’ve always liked them and they’re still going down in price.

Just to make this more complicated…how about trading your evo in on a white evo 9 with the leather package? I think what you need is two cars, but if you want to stick with one that would be closer to what you want.

If it was me I’d get a legacy gt for a daily, do the mods we had talked about on the Evo, and track that. I’d rather track something that’s paid off and who cares what color it is if it’s a track car…

if your considering a z4 coupe you should buy an s2000. if your concerned with tq, spend 4-6k on a SC and be done with it. a add some r comps and a roll bar and you have a track monster.

not to throw in another car, but if you want a track car that you can drive for a while and is reasonably priced - aerial atom

lol@thinking a SC makes an s2k have torque

[quote=“Inn-Tune,post:70,topic:27543"”]

Just to make this more complicated…how about trading your evo in on a white evo 9 with the leather package? .

[/quote]

Funny you should mention that…I considered it for a moment but then when driving home from mitsu today (got the car appraised) the wind noise reminded me how little lux the evo has.

I have the MB dealer looking for a white/black black/black and dark grey/black E350/500 under 35K now. They valued the EVO at 21-22.

So if they don’t find anything by monday afternoon I think I’m gonna put the deposit down on a 335.

I drove Viper’s M3 and the SMG is AWESOME so I’m gonna see if I can find an M3 @ a good deal.

But after sleeping on it and thinking long and hard it looks like it’s going to be a CPO E-class or a 335i…

Oh, just get an Exige already…

[quote=“91MR2,post:74,topic:27543"”]

Oh, just get an Exige already…

[/quote]

I can’t really afford one this summer (at least not an S) so picking up a used S next summer would make the most sense no matter what.

If I got a used 3-series for mid-low 20s (essentially straight trade for EVO) I could make a used elise or 06 exige happen, but like walter said E46 3-series is kinda :meh: plus exige S > *.elise/exige and like I said can’t really afford an S right now.

Hold out for the E46 M3 if you are dead set on doing this.

[quote=“Rx3,post:76,topic:27543"”]

Hold out for the E46 M3 if you are dead set on doing this.

[/quote]

See my major problem w/ the M3 purchase is this:

I’d more than likely have to sell the EVO private party, which means I’d either be w/o a car for a while or have to settle for a low ball if the perfect M3 showed up. Unless of course I find the one I want @ a dealer very very soon. I suppose I have 6-8 weeks to figure it out since if a great deal came along I wouldn’t mind backing out of the 335 and burning my $500

Dealer can’t find you an E46?

[quote=“Rx3,post:78,topic:27543"”]

Dealer can’t find you an E46?

[/quote]

Do I really want to deal w/ dealer markup on an M car? :dunno:

towne BMW has like 3 e46 m3’s they just took a red/black one in on a trade for a mini S