So yeah, local gas stations were price gouging but nobody wants to do athing about it

again, that’s a discount on gas which is allowed if clearly marked…

none of this is new, and none of this will change.

Just saw gas for $1.99 On Elmwood and Forest…WTF? Then it’s like 1.70 out by my GF’s house in Alden.

I say good to this, I know alot of stations who have been doing this for years, And I say good.

I’m tired of pansy ass people taking 10 minutes to pay for 2 items with thier credit card. They need to get some god damn cash. Even having a credit card is living beyond your means, and its 90% of whats wrong with the economy.

credit card transactions should be faster than cash…

Here’s your daily :picard:.
1.) paying at the pump credit means they aren’t in line in front of you, and you get your chips and roller dogs faster.
2.) Having a credit card and using it correctly is an essential part of living WITHIN your means most efficiently. Not to mention rewards, cash back, etc.
3.) Cash = risk of losing, being robbed, etc. Carrying credit cards negates these issues.

Very true

I almost never carry cash.

having a credit card is not essential of living within your means.

if you were living within your means YOU WOULDNT NEED CREDIT :picard::picard: :fail: :fail:

Who says that he needs it? I charge 95%+ of what I buy on my card. Everything is paid in full every month. I build good credit, get 1-3% cash back and never pay interest.

…and I don’t have to worry about carrying cash.
…and I don’t have to worry about finding an ATM when I need more cash.
…and I don’t have to worry about when checks clear or overdrafts.
…and I’m protected in transactions via chargebacks etc.
…and I have a record of what I spent and where.

…why would you NOT want to use a credit card almost exclusively?

For those of us who can manage our money in a disciplined manner, credit cards are great for budgeting, and offer free money. My Discover gas card gives 5% cash back at gas stations. Whatever you pay at a station for a gallon of gas, I pay 10 to 20 cents cheaper. My HSBC Premier card offered 0% interest on balance transfer checks for a year. I took $10k on it and threw it in a 1 year, 4% CD. That’s a free $400 at the end, and then I pay the balance off. In the meantime, my day-to-day liquidity isn’t impacted and I don’t have to go to the ATM every 10 minutes. But these practices certainly aren’t for everyone.

I can sit at my desk at work and find most any transaction I’ve made in the past year, what i’ve spent on xxx in the past month, and all kinds of useful info.

I’ve hear it doesn’t really help your credit If you pay everything off right away. Not sure if that is true or not. I’ll usually throw $50 -200 on my credit card payment and some times pay off the whole thing.