Cash / Credit Gas Prices

So yesterday I was running a little slow on gas and I knew that the Sunoco on Route 8 was close as a result of the flooding so I went to down Mt. Royal towards Etna where there are the three gas stations in a row (cant remember the first place, citgo, then co-go’s).

The first place was 1.85/gal, and citgo was 1.81…so I pull into citgo, whip out the debit/credit card and start pumping the gas. The I look at the gas pump and the fucker says 1.88/gal…im like WTF? So I stop pumping and go in and inquire about this. The lady behind the counter then tells me that there are seperate prices for cash and credit transactions…lame!

So I stopped the pump, finished the transaction and started a new one…this time with cash.
I hardly ever have cash on me! I just swipe swipe swipe, its soo much easier!
I know it also costs places ~3% per transaction for their customers to use credit cards…

whatever just a rant. questions / comments welcome.

thats pretty lame, something for me to look out for though since i never pay cash, i would actually have to go inside then…

yea i havent been inside a gas station in months before that

swipe 'n go!

taking cards suck!!!we lose alot of money a year paying cardco. to get are money back!one year it was like 16k!

thats crazy!

if you pay with AMEX at the pizza shop, we make sure to drop your food a few times.

:smiley:

Nice Av.

werd. We wont even take Amex here. Which I love, because it pisses off all the annoying rich golfers/fisherman who are trying to pawn it off as a business expense. :kekegay:

if you shop at Giant eagle with an advantage card, you can save $.10/gal for every $50 you spend at the store. Each time you spend the fitty after that, it keeps going up by $.10. Most I’ve gotten thus far was $.40/gal which made the price $1.59 for 93…

go shopping with a couple of your friends. Put it all on your card. buy like $2,000 worth of food, bring all your cars and gas them all up for free.

:bigthumb:

FYI - you’re buying giant eagle gas.

so if i bought $50 worth of car magazines and soda, it would cost me $19.00 to fill up instead of $20.00?

I’m going to run right over there! :rofl:

yeah, the damn exxon in cranberry does that too, i finished filling up before i even noticed, it was only like a dollar more tho, so no big deal…

heres all the gas prices…
http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?

well most people still cry over elevated gas prices, plus i’m cheap(when it comes to the truck)

It’s against their agreement with the credit card companies to charge different prices for cash vs cc transactions. contact the credit card companies about this gas station

We have a Citibank Dividend cc - you get 5% back on gas stations, grocery stores and drug stores, 1% on everything else. So if you get one of those and shop at GE, you get 5% back on the groceries, the gas, plus the coupon. Shop N Save occasionally gives those coupons for Cogo’s. Buy the way, Super Walmart’s are considered grocery stores.

We’ve got $.60 per gallon saved up on our Giant Eagle card, and neither of us will buy Giant Eagle gas… That’s about $1.20 for 87.

Giant eagle gas is the same as sheetz or whatever.

I’d trust giant eagle gas over a BP or a sunoco,
Newely installed tanks = no water sippage
compared to the fairly older stations which probably have dirt and other shit in them over the years.

x2 all gas is the same the only difference is the extra atitives companies put in their

no… all gas ISN’T the same… :wtf: