Gas Prices... wtf?

http://www.GasBuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx?city1=USA Average&city2=Buffalo&city3=&crude=n&tme=6&units=us

We are 50 cents over national average, I realize that we have higher taxes and such, but this is a bit much. Regular unleaded that I have seen around home/work has been between 3.75 and 3.80.

Gas in CA is cheaper in some parts then all of NY.

Edit: Fixed the link

Welcome to NYS!

WNY especially though I have noticed is consistently high compared to CNY. I gassed up at $3.39 last night in Syracuse, at least 30 cents cheaper than the stations I saw in Williamsville earlier in the day.

Yep, then the news will do a story on it…interview some people and then we’ll never anything about it again.

I blame gun control. Maybe the lack thereof. Not sure.

http://i.imgur.com/Az3Ar.gif

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Oh and wait wait wait

It cheaper to live in Buffalo

Yea I was Ohio yesterday and thought the sane thing. Gas was between 3.08 and 3.20.

I blame Canada haha. Cause 3.80 here is probably a lot less than they are paying in Canada. And I see more cars with Canadian plates than Nys plates haha

Paid $3.19 today in MI and Toledo, OH is under $3

Where are Brian Higgins and Chuck Shumer to save the day? They should put a commision together to study WNY gas prices.

$2.75 here in Texas.

I was happy last week when I got gas and it was under $4 a gallon (93)

Hey fuck you its cheaper to live in Buffalo

^^lol.

im suprised at gas prices for some areas, i realize other areas are cheaper but i dont remember ohio or syracuse being that much cheaper compared to here from the last few times i was to either area. are gas prices in WNY not going down with the average like other areas?

The prices are going down, but way slower then the national average.

Most of CA is cheaper then we are for all of NY.

gas prices are what they are simply because people here grab their ankles and take it balls deep… always have , always will

oh and my opinion is people here deserve it, thats what happens when you elect the same idiots into office year after year after year

exactly.

Was thinking the exact same thing yesterday

Not sure why we in Erie county still pay the stupid taxes on gas that others do not. Why doesnt this get brought up in the public eye in this area more to get someone in office that will fight to lower/remove that tax that we have special that gives us higher prices.

Also, obviously other counties in NY as well.

Pretty much because if you cut taxes in one place, they’d have to raise the money some other way. How do they do that? Another type of tax. So why bother.

This way they collect on it from anyone passing through. Not just permanent residents.

Buffalo and Erie county are broke. That’s why we pay.

WNY also has plenty of gas being purchased that has no taxes collected on it, but let’s not bring that up or tires might start burning.