So...

Congrats man I’ve been engaged for just over a year now…Not looking forward to the wedding planning.

let her do it. chicks love that stuff. u know you dont care what the table centerpieces are. just tag along and play on your iphone/nintendo DS during the waiting. nod, say “yes, sweetie” every now and then and smile and shut up. :thumbup

Thank god someone said it. I guess everyone has to try the married thing once or twice.
But on a more serious note congradulations.

Congrats man… I’m surprised you are acctually being involved in the planning… Erik and I had an agreement… I planned the wedding he planned the honeymoon… no questions asked it worked out great!

Lost a bet? :lol

I’d say congrats but I’m a believer into “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”.

But if you feel it’s right, then you go girl :number1

Thanks everyone. I proposed inside Magic Kingdom (our favorite vacation) on Saturday morning.

So, the planning has begun. We decided on a budget and spring of 2011 but that’s about it. I am letting her make the decisions but I have override at every aspect except the dress. That’s her deal. I am not sure colors yet but it looks like black/chocolate/pink colors.

Pics of ring (not sure if I have before). That’s not her finger. :slight_smile: It’s a custom setting that’s basically the Tiffany Lucinda (Trelles). I think I f0ked that spelling too. :slight_smile:

http://www.shawnaugust.com/pics/crystal/ring/1.jpg
http://www.shawnaugust.com/pics/crystal/ring/2.jpg
http://www.shawnaugust.com/pics/crystal/ring/3.jpg

ballin!

Congrats man.

Very pretty… nice job… Details on Carat, Cut, Clarity and color?

Sorry to hear.

Great question.

1.74CT GIA H Triple Excellent
.50CT GIA H Triple Excellent
.50CT GIA G Triple Excellent

By far, aside from color, the most important factor for me was the excellent cut, excellent polish, and excellent sym for the brilliance. I am lucky and have two friends that are GIA certified so I have a lot of resources.

For anyone curious what we are talking about, compare GIA H color vs EGL H color. You basically pay for rating. If the rating is wrong, you still pay for it.

you can definitely tell you put the time and thought into that, very nice diamonds… Its a shame how many people don’t and end up with ugly horrible diamonds… Nice job though…

Very pretty ring! I bet she’s happy haha.

Congrats bud, i thought you two were engaged a long time ago!

How did you propose?

I have done some recent research on ring settings and diamonds myself…tacori

Congrats!!

The ring you picked looks identical to mine… except my ring has 3 smaller diamonds on each side of the 3 big ones set into the band. :thumbup

GOOD JOB!!

Thank you. Some people just go into the store and buy a ring. I took a very long time to learn about what I was purchasing. Aside from being an expensive purchase, it’s a symbol.

She was extremely surprised. She keeps staring at it so I assume I did OK.

We been dating for nearly 9 years and lived together a while but I never proposed. It wasn’t good time as she was in undergrad, then went to law school, and then started her career.

I proposed just outside the Princess Castle in a corner sitting area (away from people) near Adventure Land Saturday Morning. I booked a dolphin experience at Discovery Cove and said I had a “present” for her. I played it off like something she was waiting for a while. She said “Thank you so much but I was hoping for my ring” as a joke and then I had an opening to hand her the box. :slight_smile: Worked out well.

Thank you. I had another setting actually but she said she didn’t want diamonds in the band. After seeing pictures of it after the fact, she said she liked it. I really like the diamonds in the band. Got any pics?

Really good work on the diamonds bro.

For some reason I thought you were already engaged and planning a wedding.

We started to plan the wedding before the engagement. Weird, I know.