Sod recommendations

I am tired of trying to grow grass on my front lawn and want to go the sod route. Grass never grows in the place I want it to grow.

Does anybody have any recommendations for sod installers?

Thanks!

How big is the area? Rent a tiller from HD then go buy sod. Worked wonders for me when I removed a pool.

I want my lawn evened out and would rather pay someone to do it.

bump!

any idea why the grass doesn’t grow? if there is some other problem, sod is just an expensive way to end up with dead grass in the same place.

when I used to work for Woodstream in Clarence we did quite a it of sod installing…but I’d imagine they are not the cheapest available. maybe find someone who does grading and have the sod done separately or by you. Sod is easy to install, just very messy and tiring.

About 1.5 years ago I had my whole front lawn dug up to replace the main sewer pipe from the house to the street. After the dig, I had a bunch of top soil delivered, bought the better than average seed, paid for the yearly service of funk and the lawn never turned out as great as I wanted it to be. The color is off, some areas of the grass will remain yellow for a very long time until i continue to water the crap out of it and use fertilizer. Just looking to start of with a clean slate with consistent grass and not have mix and match grass.

My guess is when you see the price to have your whole lawn sodded you’ll go buy a couple gallons of kill all, spray it dead, then re-seed the whole thing.