Soda "pop" tax

seriously WTF!!!
I dont drink pop anymore but this is a fucking joke!
[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARMgjdbY93o”]YouTube - SODA vs MILK[/ame]

Im movin to mexico, the government is getting out of control with all these laws and shit their trying to pass

times are tough, economy is having a tough time and sometimes you might have to do things that seem a bit extreme. Does anyone really need pop, No. God forbid people would have to do without some of the luxuries we have, your bitching already and nothing has even been passed.

What about the hormones in the milk? Tax non-organic milk. (sarcasm)

Might as well monitor video game usage and tax that too.

basically i should have invested in pepsi in the 80s…you fat bastards

I did a research paper on bovine milk. Its pretty amazing the hormones that are found in a percentage of milk. The main one is IGF-1 which helps the cows produce more milk. The bovine IGF-1 is identical to the human version which is commonly used as a steroid. People are using anabolic steroids without even knowing although the amounts are small which means you would have to drown yourself in milk daily to see any results. Its just the fact that it is found in the milk and there is no way to filter it out. I guess that’s what will happen when you introduce business strategies to agriculture.

I still love me a nice glass of milk though:)

so the dairy lobbyists in New York are pissed their sales are down, and they greased this “doctors” pockets and politicians to come up with a way to make milk more attractive.

:rolleyes:

Pop isn’t the problem.

It’s the parents giving fast food 5 times a week, Stuck inside watching dora the explorer and Playing video games. People are afraid to let their kids play at a park, 300ft down the road because of pedophiles and getting dirty. Worse of all getting scrapped knees :eek: :rolleyes:

Hahahaha…what a bunch of shit. Using the tax code for social engineering is never a good idea, but there are plenty of idiots who will go along with the crap that ‘doctor’ is spewing. “the government will use the revenue collected for health care”. Yea right, just like they were going to use all the money they extorted from the tobacco companies(IE smokers)from the 1998 state tobacco settlement for smoking prevention programs. All that ended up being was a back door tax increase funded by smokers. As soon as that passed, the tobacco companies raised the price to compensate, so who really paid the settlement? The tobacco companies. or the smokers?

This is why my wife and I buy organic milk. It started with organic milk and now we get organic meats also. That’s pretty much the extent of it though, we don’t get too much into the organic fruits and veggies (with the exception of the local stuff we buy in the summer).

:rofl: BIG MILK IS OUT TO GET US!! :rofl:

actually, pop is a big part of the problem. In the height of my fatassery, I drank nothing but pop. I stopped and started drinking nothing but Gatorade (which is much better, but still has a bunch of HFCS). Dropped 50lbs without changing diet or exercise in any other fashon.

Got back to PA here a couple months ago, and the only thing that is ever stocked to drink in the fridge here is Pepsi or Mt. Dew. Gained 15 lbs over the last 2 months. Bought a big thing of water a month ago with some Crystal Light packets and half of it is gone already.

so the government should intervine on us all because you have a shitty diet???

Of course, socialized healthcare benefits :wink:

uh huh…

did I say that? :rofl:

I’m mildly insulted that you would even suggest that I would support something like that.

libertarian to democrat. Who knows what the hell you would support anymore :smiley:

i agree with shaggy !!! a lil pop versus mcdonalds every block on the street… when i was a kid i drank pop 2-3 times a day and had fast food 1 time a week if that and i was skinny as a nail. unlike now !

it’s not pop, it’s not video games, it’s not fast food, etc… It’s people being lazy and parents letting their kids be lazy.

I played a lot of nintendo and games on my commodore 64 when I was a kid but still got a ton of exercise. I wasn’t allowed to sit at the tv for 8 hours a day on the weekends.

A few kids in my 7 year old’s first grade class are already fat, it’s a damn shame. My kid comes home and tells me how he should be able to play his DS more because the fatty at school is a higher level than he is on mario cart and he needs more time than his 30 minutes a day on it. Well, not exactly in those words, but you get the idea :smiley: .

I hate taxes, and I hate government intervention.

This one law in particular might actually have a positive effect. That is yet to be determined, but time will tell. The video only mentioned NYC though.

If the sweetened to hell drinks are more expensive, then juices without sugar added will become more available, which is all I drink anyway. I actually can’t stand the taste of sweetened juices anymore. I accidentally grabbed one at a store the other day (grape juice with sugar) and it tasted like a melted popsicle, awful shit.

So as much as I hate the government taxing anything, or getting involved at all, they might accidentally make the world a better place with this one.

This is the same concept as other sin taxes. Pay extra for stuff that is bad for you, right?

Cigarettes and alcohol are already taxed so why not add on a few other addictive things?

your generation made lazyness possible :rofl: