Im getting Fat, Health people get in here

So I used to run a lot about 2 years ago and I was in really good shape. Over the course of a year I put on about 15 pounds and it shows. I used to be able to see my abs and now its just a belly. This past year, I have been keeping an eye on how much I weigh just to make sure that Im not gaining any more and Im pretty steady at 188lbs. I am the type of person who likes to eat anything. I dont really watch what I eat. The one thing that I know I do that probably doesnt help is that I drink A LOT of Pop. So how can I lose my weight? Does pop really make you gain weight? Is there any way that I can find out if its water weight or if its actual fat? Daddie, what did you do to lose your weight?

start watching what you eat, exercise (gym), don’t drink pop

once the weather gets a bit nicer, get moving, get outside.

I used to be a personal trainer so for what its worth: Do 20 minutes of cardio-excersize 3-4 times per week. As you get older, your body’s metabolism slows down so it can not break down pepsi and chicken finger subs (simple sugars and fats) like you once could. Find a healthy diet, and if you want to continue to eat shit, then have a “cheat day” and eat like garbage one day a week. Riding a bike is a great way to cut the fat in the mid-section. Cross-train by doing (2) different cardio-exersizes for that 20 minutes of cardio. (Run for 10/bike for 10)
good luck fatty!!

i stopped eating as much and drank more liquor. i lost almost 50 lbs in a little under a year. but i was really fat at one point.

Pop really fucks you up,its the worst thing you can have when losing weight.Try switching to diet or just going with water instead,coffee & Tea = Better.

Whole grains,lean meat,lower sodium,low sugar,exercise.

Its what ya gotta do.

no pop. seriously don’t even drink diet. it’s like a drug, just replace it with water. if you drink like 4 glasses of pop a day, that’s about 500 calories depending on what type it is. 500 calories is about 1/4 of the amount of calories you should have in a day. and you didn’t even eat anything yet.

I heard if you quit drinking pop and substitute it with something that’s good for you you can lose 15lbs in a year just by doing that alone. Damn pop… lol. I should definately do that…

pop = sugar = bad

water, real fruit juices, skim milk FTW.

Eat smart. Eat til youre not hungry not til youre full. Good complex carbs, low fat, high protein, and get your ass out and run and you willl lose weight fo sho.

WORD on the pop! A buddy of mine lost 10 pounds in a week just quitting that stuff. It’s mostly water retention, so you piss it all out. You might not lose that much because you’re not THAT big (this guy was 280-ish) but still, it’s a good place to start.

Definately try to start running again.
I have been running for about 7 years but the last year or so I hadn’t done it very much and I could certainly tell that I was softer. The last 4 months I have been running 4-6 times per week and I feel great and look much better now. Throw so weight training in 3 days a week for the toning and you will snap right back.

I stopped drinking soda/pop (not getting into the soda/pop argument) when i reached my top weight and i seriously droped close to 15lbs. to begin with. i literally drank all water …1 year later im down 61lbs. Don’t even bother switching to diet becuase althought theres no ugar, there’s still sodium. plus if you switch to water instead of pop you’ll feel A LOT better

45min of cardio 3 times a week atleast and a balance diet :tup:

pop, juices, fried stuf, candies :tdown:

Diet. Aspartame. methanol byproduct of the reaction…methanol the stuff people say don’t drink because it will cause you to go blind…methanol not peachy…no diet.

I lost 35 lbs so far since the end of January. I drink water. Almost exclusively. I drink ALOT of water. as in maybe 10 glasses a day. Run. Pushups/situps/pullups. I also have a 40 lb Rucksack that I do 12 mile marches with, but thats a different story.

i have been in the industry for over 6 years now.

if you dont want to be fat… get off your ass you fat fuck.

was that shitty enough? did that piss you off? huh fat boy?

if you really wanted to get in shape, you wouldnt be asking how to on here. you have to WANT to do it. if you dont WANT to you wont.
i know. i was 30 lbs over weight, and lost it in 6 months when i first got into the industry, but then life got in the way.
actually it didnt, but i used it as an excuse, and put it all back on again.
what got me moving was at x-mas my old man telling me that the mild stroke he had wasnt so mild, and that he is having all sorts of health problems related to his weight.
i dont want to die. thats my why. whats yours? if you dont have a “why” then you wont stick with it.

if you are serious go to http://forum.bodybuilding.com/index.php there is a lot of info there… the best i have found on the web, and being a member of the forum gets you discounts at the online store (really good prices and gets here in 2 days)

as for some help. a 2 day split (push pull) 4 times a week and 20-30 min of cardio as many times will get you rolling.
try this

“Stop drinking pop/soda” that was my new years resolution on the evening of 1999. I haven’t had a single can of pop in over 6 years. I don’t miss it, plus it saves money.

Stop the POP!!

just drink water everyday…

do a cardio run or jog every morning…about 20minutes+ with heartbeat >110

however, I start vending the Tea or gatorade…

Do NOT drink DIET POP!!! I read an article where it says that the artifical sugar used in the DIET Pop actually creates worst affect to your body compared to the real sugar they use in the regular pop…

if you really really want to drink Pop, just drink the regular…NOT to often though!

i used to be a very very big kid back in high school. I started running everyday. Drank nothing but water. Ate healthy…stopped eating fast food and all that other shit. Ended up losing about 70-80lbs. Just don’t go in with the attitude thinking you will get smaller overnight. I had that problem for a while. It takes time…but once you see results, you will be very happy and that will make you want to keep going.

this is only partially true. in some cases the artifical sweetener has shown to make the body release insulin thinking its getting real sugar… but its rare.

the real issue with soda is the sodium, artifical crap, and preservative garbage they load it up with.

in any case i doubt this is his only dietary issue, and probably the least of his problems.
do some searches about eating clean. weight loss, heathly living, whatever… it all starts in the kitchen.

All you need to know:

Stop eating fast food

stop drinking sugary shit

get off your ass and excersize

don’t eat too late

if you think it’s bad for you, it probably is, so don’t eat it.