Im getting Fat, Health people get in here

have someone take a picture of ure fat ass in a speedo and put it on ure fridge

sounds like ur voluenteering

:word:

What about Gatorade? Is that bad for you? I dont like water it just doesnt taste good to me. I like that flavored water but a lot of people have mixed opinions on that too. I really dont eat a lot of fast food so thats not a problem. Do you guys say not to drink Juices because of the sugars in it? Thanx for everyones responses

it has just as much sugar as soda or juice.

fuck it just stay fat

Variety & moderation coupled with whatever exercises you enjoy enough to do regularly.

Fcuk high tech diet foods and gimmicky fads. Just follow Grandma’s advice: Not too many sweets, don’t watch too much TV, go outside and get some fresh air and exercise.

Variety. Moderation. Exercise.

working out + good diet = success. If you work out and eat crap, you’re not going to do anything but build muscle under the fat.

I work out about 3-4 times a week with weights, play hockey 2-3 times a week and have cut down big time on my pop intake. I’m pretty happy with where I am physically.

Prob the easiest thing you can do is to drink water and run. start with this and you should start to see results.

i have to agree.

oh, and buy nike shox. your knees and shins will thank you.

Ugh! I’ve never had a pair of Nike shoes that didn’t fall apart within 6 months.
My last pair of running shoes were New Balance and they lasted over a year.
6 months of running and over 7 months and counting of just regular wearing.

new balance totally last longer, but the nike shox are really nice on your body. also, if you are a serious runner, you shouldnt be wearing the same running shoes that long anyways.
i only wear mine for running, and wear my new balance to work and whatever.

I just try to stay away from anything that is too gimmicky. If I can find some Shox for cheap, I’ll try them out though.
And I only wear my running shoes for running until they are all worn and the cushioning is compressed. Then I retire them to casual shoes and then the pair before that go down to working on car shoes and then the pair before that go down to lawn mowing shoes.

you got a nice system there

i usually only run in a pair of shoes for 3 months, and then they are fodder. i dont keep them around because i buy them on sale (footlocker.com always has nike shox on sale), but because i get them on sale i end up with theugly ones. the ones i have now are all fucking shiny and retarded colors and shit. they are crazy ugly.

Yeah I was just buying new running shoes the other day and all I saw of the Nike line up was a pair of tennis ball green shoes.
I ended up going with some Sauconys. They are much lighter and more cushy than the NBs they are replacing.

Back on topic…DrImodium, juice has lots of sugar. I know what you mean about not liking water because of the taste or lack thereof, but after working out, there is nothing better in the world.
I hate Gatorade because it leaves a sugary taste in my mouth and makes me feal more thirsty. If you want to try to ween yourself off of sugary drinks and move towards water, try out Propel. Its made by Gatorade and its a flavored vitamin water. It only has 4g of sugar per bottle. It might seem a little weak at first but you get used to it and its actually very good.

Well, let me share my experience, as I have always done the same. I used to drink about three 16 oz bottles of Mt Dew a day. Each bottle is 110 calories per serving, and there are 2.5 servings per bottle. So by only allowing myself ONE bottle of pop every day (and nothing but water to drink otherwise) I cut my daily caloric intake by 550 calories. Over the past month of doing this, I’ve been able to drop back down to what I used to weigh in college, where before I made this change my weight would stay exactly the same despite cutting down my meal sizes.

So to answer your question, yes, cutting down on pop is a GOOD way to elminate empty calories from your diet.

:bs: What was that energy drink stuff you were drinking over at Rick’s then?

iam trying to stop drink pop i usually have like 4bottles/glasses a day yesterday i only had one(didnt even realize i was drinking it)then today i had a bottle because i was not awake when i got into the car this morning(i hate coffiee)

drink nothing but water for a few months and you will never go back. i routinely kill a case of water at work in a few days. cant stand pop unless its to flavor my captain.

Just wanted to update everyone about my weight loss goal. I started going to the gym this week so that I could drop the weight. I weighed 194 when i started and my goal is 175ish. I picked up a pair of New balance shoes (they are the only manufacturer that fits my foot well) so that I can get back into running with the goal of running a couple road races this summer. I used to be able to race a 5k in under 16:30 so thats my goal for the end of the summer. Hopefully I will be back in running shape by June.

I started going to the gym as of this Monday. When I weighed myself then, I weighed 194.5.
Day 1: I got on the treadmill for the first time in over a year just to see where I stood. I used to be able to bust out 4 miles no problem. I started out doing a 1 mile warm up doing a 7:30 mile. I stretched after that mile and got back going. I was only able to stay running for another 6:30 before I got tired/bored :tdown:
Day 2: I got back on the treadmill yesturday and just did a 1 mile warm-up before lifting then did some Bi’s, Tri’s, and abs. I decided not to do a running workout so that I could give me legs a break. I was suprised how sore I was after Mondays short run.
Day 3: I went back and started on the treadmill. I was able to go for 3 miles without feeling completely exhausted. I get really bored on the treadmill and find myself staring at the total time run and counting the seconds which makes time go by sooo slow. Im gonna try to go for 3.5-4 miles tomorrow and see how I feel.

So far I have dropped 5 pounds in 3 days.

Im trying to figure out what kind of stuff I should be eating to go along with my working out. I love chicken but I dont know exactly what I should and should not be eating. I was thinking of doing a High protein low car diet but Im not sure. What do you suggest? Lastly, I LOVE Chinese food. If I make my own stirfry, is that good for me? I dont know how to make Chinese but I wanna learn. The Japanese place at the Galleria has the best chicken teriaki with lo mein and I wanna learn how to do it myself.

Sorry there are so many questions but I really appreciate the help.

reduce your meat intake to white meat and only 3-4 times a week. chill with the pop. flavored waters are good to get out of pop and into healthy drinks. vitamin water is solid too!

watch your calories, don’t get caught up on those stupid low carb, low fat gimmicks. the low fat just has more sodium and low carb is a lost hope. a healthy weight loss is about edit 1-3 pounds a WEEK. all those lose 50lbs in three weeks programs are bogus or speed laced. EXERCISE EXERCISE EXERCISE!!! at least 20-30 minutes a day. replace hamburgers with garden and boca burgers. replace red meat with white if you’re going to eat it.

most meat has a ridiculous amount of steroids/hormones/drugs in it and just isn’t healthy. i’d tell you to become vegetarian for a few months but that would just be rather biased now wouldn’t it?

OH! one more thing! you WILL plateau when losing weight! don’t worry about it, it’s normal and i don’t feel like explaining it at 5am.

peace.