*SOLD*: '91 CRX Si - SCCA Solo CSP/ITA

This thing is GONE! But don’t worry, it’s not going far-

Thanks to Mr. Awesome, and congrats to him on his new awesome-mobile. I can’t wait to see it out and running again!

Yup, not exactly wanting to sell the car, but in order to move on with the new one, I’ve gotta free up some money somehow…

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t312/crAppAchic0/1140572555_1af1bf4e41.jpg

Some history, I bought the car from the second owner, who had moved to New York from California a few months before I bought it- good shape, none of the ‘usual’ rust that plagues most CRX’s. The car had previously won the MoHud SCCA Solo2 CSP championship - also has placed well in numerous regional and national events.

Current motor - D16A6 - has ~10-20K miles on it - last compression check on it (last spring) put all four cylinders around 210 (+5/-5). 3-4 years ago, it was bored 0.020 over, new pistons/rings/crank&rod bearings/gaskets/etc. It has the OEM 5-layer head gasket, with ARP studs. Head has been shaved, only about half of service limit. Rotating assemblies balanced. AEM cold-air intake, DC Sports 4-2-1 header with rear/top mounted Innovate LC-1 wideband O2 and controller. PM6 ecu is socketed/chipped; have everything needed for flashing/programming/datalogging/eeprom-emulation. Hayame 2.25" catback with longitudinally mounted muffler w/ removable insert;no-name hi-flow cat. Intake manifold is off a D16z6 (which has been bored/honed to match) the throttle body from a JDM B16A. *6-puck clutch with Fidanza 8-lb flywheel. OBX helical LSD installed to original 5-spd transmission with new diff bearings/seals/etc.

Corbeau Forza driver & passenger seats, custom harness bar with 5-pt harnesses (driver’s is a Impact! Racing-current, passenger’s is a RJS-not current). Full urethane ‘master’ kit from Energy Suspension installed, as well as extra bits from Prothane for rear compensator arm (rear trailing arm front links) and motor & tranny mount inserts. Front sway bar has been removed, but will be included. Rear sway bar is a 22mm adjustable Suspension Techniques w/ spherical bushing endlinks. (No-name) Ebay front and rear lower tie bars installed. Koni yellow/sport single-adjustable shocks, Ground Control coilovers w/ Eibach ERS springs - 600F/600R.

Front brake pads are Hawk HP+ blacks (autocross, low temp), rears are semi-metallics. OEM-style front & rear rotors.

13x8.5 Panasport C8-13’s with 215/50/13 Kumho V710’s mounted (about a half a season of use). Other OEM wheelsets (teardrops, sawblades, etc.) included with other tires, 195/55/14 Kumho V700’s, old Hoosiers A6’s, etc. etc.

Couple of video clips- from ACC autox:

[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1308018561302349740[/ame]

From NER/Devens event:

[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1693298836451155754[/ame]

(Spare D16A6, 86-87 Si alloys, “phone dialers” sold), tranny, other misc parts, seats, harnesses, etc. Also included, unfinished ‘homemade’ ITB setup using no-name intake runners with CBR1000RR ITB’s/injectors/wiring/etc., Golden Eagle vacuum log, lines, etc. complete setup for OBD0->OBD1 conversion - socketed P28 ecu, non-vtec distributor from a OBD1 D15B7, all harness adapters (rywire) needed for installation. I also have all the original interior parts as well. Tons of other stuff I can’t think of off the top of my head, but in piles.

UPDATES

I’ve swapped around some parts in order to accommodate a potential buyer, but after swapping parts, a test drive, and a “I’ll have to think about it”- here’s the current config and price:

-Koni/GC setup swapped out for OEM springs/shocks
-Corbeau seats, harnesses, and harness bar swapped out for stock '91 Si seats
-AEM intake swapped out for stock intake/airbox
-reinstalled front sway bar
-Innovate LC-1 WB swapped out for new stock O2 sensor

Link to newest pictures:
http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t312/crAppAchic0/newest_crx_pics_resized/

As the car sits, equipped with the short update list above (no extras):

$2500 firm.

[SIZE=2]If there is interest in the car, as stated above, or interest in additional parts, installed or included from the list of extras, please ask and we can work something out; any changes requiring labor will require a [SIZE=5]25% Non-refundable deposit[SIZE=2][SIZE=5] of agreed selling price upfront.

More new, hi-res pics:

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t312/crAppAchic0/newest%20hi-res%20crx%20pics/?albumview=slideshow

Short video clip of cold start and interiror:

youtu.be/JvjJkokriRg

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]A semi-saddening plug- this car has been averaging around 40mpg; would make an excellent daily if someone were so inclined.
[SIZE=2][SIZE=5][SIZE=2]
Also taking offers on individual parts.
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Somebody buy this, the car is a blast to drive. Lyndon, it is still technically street legal, so if whoever buys it wanted to, they could register it again right?

I like how the two pictures you posted have people that aren’t you driving. :rofl

Yes, thanks for pointing that out - definitely street-legal. I couldn’t afford to tow it to events!

And yes, most of the pics I liked were of someone else driving… Still trying to dig up a few more here and there- will post up more as I find them.

And if anyone has any questions at all, please feel free to ask.

Thanks!

pics of ti in sig?

thing is sick !

That’s what I’m hoping to work on next, actually.

Thanks! Hopefully, someone will be able to have as much fun with it as I have- definitely a capable car, with more than enough spares to keep it that way. :thumbup

Nice whats the plans? I also own a 95ti.

The Ti will hopefully get nearly the same treatment the crx did, but I’m really hoping to do more of the driving schools/track days this year, and go from there.

Some of the ‘tons of other stuff’:

1991 CRX Si seats (driver’s side - ok condition, pass side - very good)
1989 CRX Si seats (both very good condition)
set of original ‘teardrop’ 90-91 crx si alloy wheels
set of original ‘sawblade’ 88-89 crx si alloy wheels (with center covers)
set of original ‘phone dialer’ 86-87 crx si alloy wheels (with center plugs)
extra corbeau forza seat & rails/brackets
extra OMP race seat - no rails/brackets
extra blue RJS 5-pt harness
extra rear cargo compartment/dividers - one good, one not-so-good (but def usable)
most original oem parts - stock airbox, intake piping, exhaust, manifold, sway bars, springs, shocks, original mudflaps and more (just ask).

Bump, tell all your friends. And their friends. And their parents.

you are giving away alot of stuff with the car for nothing, ide just sell it off if i were you !

That’s supposed to be part of the appeal- you can buy the car, and if you don’t want to keep all the spares to use yourself, you can sell them off for extra cash, trade for other spares, etc… :thumbup

Want to sell the “phone dialer” set? lol I always called them the pizza wheels

I’ve heard them called the porsche knock-offs:

http://originalwheels.com/porsche-wheels/images/porsche-944-wheels-67168-b.jpg

Bump - sit and think about it while you’re suffering through your upcoming food comas…

Bump - think about it some more, you know you’ve got piles of money just sitting around that you need to get rid of to free up space in the house…

Make offers…

Just an update- this is still for sale.

So is this still available for purchase? I would like to purchase above item but it will take me a few days to obtain a check from my home country of Nigeria

Seller will accept checks of undetermined origin. Or wire transfers, for that matter.

Ok I will now send a check for the amount of the car plus a $2000 shipping fee I will send a check for $8000 you put it in your bank and cash it and get a moneyorder and send it to my shipper he will then never come to pick up car and you will be out 2k.
Just send your info so that I can rip you off… LMFAO!