SOLD

whatever man im not going to leave u the truck with my reg and insurance on it until the lien realese comes in

think about it i dont know you

thats why i told you that i was trying to get a loan to pay it off so there wont be a lien on the title

Are you serious? I never told you to leave the registration or insurance on it. I told you i was going to insure and register the truck under my name with the lien on it.

ONCE AGAIN…
You can still register a vehicle with lien on it. That is not a problem.
I just bought a 2001 honda civic with a lien on it and its already registered and insured under my name. Now im just waiting for lien release to get here so i can save it with the title just in case i ever want to sell it. :slight_smile:

I also bought an 01 corolla little over a month ago. The car had a lien on the title but the lady told me she just payed the car off and was still waiting for lien release. I was still able to register/insure the car under my name with lien on it. Now when the title gets here it’ll still have a lien on it until i show them the lien release form which i got last week in the mail.

Again… You couldve had this sold. I was willing to give you the 7k cash for it but you fucked up…

I buy/sell vehicles all the time. I know how the dmv works.
No worries though…Im not mad at yA’

either way
Best of luck selling it.

:tup:

NYSDMV

You can transfer the title certificate and give the new owner the original proof that any lien listed on the title certificate was satisfied. Keep a copy of the proof for your records. When the new owner applies for a registration and title certificate, DMV receives the title certificate and the proof that the lien is satisfied. When the DMV processes the title certificate of the new owner, the lien is removed. If the new owner does not provide the original proof that the lien is satisfied, the lienholder is listed on the title certificate of the new owner.

:bump:

6800 takes it

this is how the deal will work

you will give me the money and i will sign the title over to you and the truck will still have to be insured so it will sit in my work parking lot or inside the detail shop at night with no plates on it so it will not be driven and i will pay it off with the given money and we have to wait 10 days until the lien release arives and then i can uninsure it and its yours to take
you can take both sets of keys to if u would like

this is the only way to do it because the new owner can not register it with a lien on the title

6800 is a deal on this thing dont miss out

It only has to be insured as long as you owe on it. As long when you get the money from the buyer, you go to the bank and pay it off, you can take the insurance off of it 2 seconds after the buyer pays you, and can take the car away.

Also a bank is not an insurance company, they do not check up on vehicles. I have had numerous liens and have removed full coverage on cars I have kept in storage without a problem.

I agree with Jo-Jo that is a messed up way to try sell a car, and I doubt any person would ever be willing to give you $ then let you hold onto the vehicle. In fact, the lien release can be printed right at the bank the minute you pay them in cash, unless your bank is online or paid with a check that will have to clear.

I would probably take it too, but this seems shady
Need something that can move a trailer ;/
o.O

i work at a dealership and the title billing clerk who does this for a living told me this information

its not a loan through the bank its through gmac so please explain to where you want me to go to pay it off
what am i gonna do with it? i can put it in the barn at my work and the buyer can lock it up and take the fucking keys i cant do anything with it when i cant get into it and the title will be signed over they just cant register it right away
it will be unregistered but i need to keep insurance on it until i pay it off

the new buyer cant do anything with it without the lien release
i have to make the payment over the phone and i will get the lien release in 10 days

if ur not intrested than shut up

this guy is a good seller. i know a vehicle is a whole different story from an xbox 360 but he was pretty upfront about everything.

omg its not shady its just the only way to do it

i cant touch it when its locked and in the barn at work and u have the keys and the title

thanks man

im not trying to rip anybody off in any way i just have to cover my own ass

What if you drove it to the buyers house and he locked it in his garage and kept the keys? I don’t see what he’s going to do to a car that you sign over to him that would get you in trouble?

Also, for 6800 I may be interested (well not me personally but my parent’s business) they need a cheap 4x4 for a salt truck so they don’t ruin their good ones, but with this way you are doing it I know they would never purchase a vehicle they can’t leave with.

i have to keep my insurance on it

So? I can insure any vehicle I want by just giving my insurance company the VIN # that doesn’t mean shit.

When I bought my M3 I put insurance on it 3 days before I even saw the vehicle and he had insurance on it. I gave him checks, walked away with the car and he still had insurance on it. No big deal.

well wahtever ill talk to her at work tommarow and see if its all right to uninsure it but she told me as long as there is a loan on the vehicle that it has to have full coverage insurance so i dont know what the big deal of having it at my work all locked and you have the keys

its just till the lien comes in

nevermind i guess ur right
then yea the new buyer can just take it they just wont be able to register it until the lien release comes in which i was told will take 10 days
sorry for the confusion
i was just very confused

You are still confused man. lol

You CAN register and insure a vehicle with lien on it. Its says right on the dmv link i posted. You can also go to dmv office and ask.
THe one thing you cant do is remove your insurance from it until you pay it off.

:tup:

yea yea i no i just got confused with all the diffrent things i was being told