Solution to the Oil Problem

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2006/02/06/8367959/index.htm?cnn=yes

A very interesting read. I think Brazil found the key. Instead of trying to convince people to switch to something like a hybrid with big tax breaks, unknown long term reliability and deceiving MPG ratings, just give them something simple that will save them money right at the pump every time they fill up. No questions of “well, Toyota said it was going to get 50 mpg, but I’m only getting 38, so how much am I really saving”. Nope, just look at the price of E85 at the pump that’s considerably less than regular unleaded and you know you’re saving.

Yeah I see the FFV Tauri all over the place. Not like most of the owners actaully know about it.

Would be a way to help farming out also. But the question remains will it happen in the US. And will they tax the hell out of it so that it would cost exactly the same/stifle the usage of it.

there was a big thread on TCCA about the FFV taurus and some of the owners started using the E85 and although it is less than half the price of regular gas but their milage dropped form the low 20’s to 14-17 and it was assumed that there was a power loss because of the milage drop but it still worked out to be cheaper to run the E85. the fuel was a ton cheaper than gas durring the katrina BS

stupid mother nature making everything hard

Err… what…

Anyways where would you get E85 around here?

great read. If i were rich id be backing it financially all the way.

i have been preaching E85 forever.

EVERYONE would benifit (except oil companies… no tears there)
just about every county in the world can grow corn. farmers wouldnt be getting money from the feds anymore, becasue they would be fucking rich. all the 3rd world countries could produce corn like whoa and better their way of life.

it will be great, until some big business takes it over and makes insane amounts of profit off of it.

it will be jack daniels

That’s a great article.

long as it’s still cheep for me to buy… I could care less… more power to 'em :tup: I think a breakthrough like that could really help our economy… not to mention, give a big fuck you to the middle east.

so uh, yeah… where can you get this stuff around here? I wouldnt mind not lining the oil companies pockets anymore :slight_smile:

so when are this fuckers are going to star using E85?

they have been using it in the mid west for a while, and most new cars are built so they can run it as well.

the problem is that the alcohol will eat the seals in older cars