Solutions to overheating

My S13 overheats soo much in this nice weather lately. but i have come across a couple solutions

Redline water wetter ( better yet 2 drops of dish soap) thats all it really is
Turn your AC off.
Drains some antifreeze and add some water ( check freezing temp tho)
Buy auxillery fans (Haydens, flex-lites).
Metal lower rad hose ( acts as an extended raditator)

any one has any more tips please share

Basic maintenance. make sure the rad and condenser are clean of debris on the outside, flush the system. Then run your preferred coolant combo. I run mostly water, but I also run less than a 200 km a month usually. Then water wetter and/or a bigger rad.

Yeah, all those tips are great.

Personally, I run 80% water and 20% antifreeze with a bottle of water wetter.

Also make sure on the inside of the rad cap the seal is good. I had over heating problems with my Z and found out the rubber seal in side was broken.

Personally, I like the “Cut a hole in the front bumper idea”

Not enough air getting into the motor? add some more holes!! :smiley:

ps. well, that’s what I did to my NX anyways…

And so did I :wink:

[quote=“BlueTurboEGG”]Personally, I like the “Cut a hole in the front bumper idea”

AWSOME.
Ya i ran just water wetter and distilled water and i actually ran hotter then antifreeze.

My S13 overheats soo much in this nice weather lately. but i have come across a couple solutions

Redline water wetter ( better yet 2 drops of dish soap) thats all it really is
Turn your AC off.
Drains some antifreeze and add some water ( check freezing temp tho)
Buy auxillery fans (Haydens, flex-lites).
Metal lower rad hose ( acts as an extended raditator)

any one has any more tips please share

Basic maintenance. make sure the rad and condenser are clean of debris on the outside, flush the system. Then run your preferred coolant combo. I run mostly water, but I also run less than a 200 km a month usually. Then water wetter and/or a bigger rad.

Yeah, all those tips are great.

Personally, I run 80% water and 20% antifreeze with a bottle of water wetter.

Also make sure on the inside of the rad cap the seal is good. I had over heating problems with my Z and found out the rubber seal in side was broken.

Personally, I like the “Cut a hole in the front bumper idea”

Not enough air getting into the motor? add some more holes!! :smiley:

ps. well, that’s what I did to my NX anyways…

And so did I :wink:

[quote=“BlueTurboEGG”]Personally, I like the “Cut a hole in the front bumper idea”

AWSOME.
Ya i ran just water wetter and distilled water and i actually ran hotter then antifreeze.