Some decent cops out there - NYC

Always here of asshole cops and them doing stupid things. This is a nice change of pace.

Nice to see.

I wish there wasn’t a cynical part of me wondering how a grown man in a country crippled by social programs can claim to never have owned shoes. I’m sure he was greatful and used them to walk to a shelter and get help and didn’t sell them within the hour for crack money. Sigh…

Thanks buzzkill

lol honest to god I had typed /moboost4u to sign that post but decided to delete it :stuck_out_tongue:

Its ok… I only said that because I also had a sarcastic snarky comment to the OP, but decided I maxed out my negativity quota for the month.

[sarcasm]SURPRISE[/sarcasm]

http://www.wgrz.com/news/national/article/191250/2/Homeless-man-shoeless-again-in-NYC-despite-boots

LOL he probably hid them in a dumpster.

Or as he calls it: “The breakfast nook.”

Maybe he gave them to someone even less fortunate than himself… hey it could happen

He says he’s grateful for the gift, but he wants “a piece of the pie” because the photo was posted online “without permission.”

He’s in a public place, cop would have been better off shooting him in the face.

I saw that… is anyone making money off his photo? If not, what piece is he looking for?

Indirectly (Ad revenue) they are.

I thought I read an article this week in which they outed the recipient for niether being homeless or shoeless,

and that is a choice he makes to sit shoeless on a street corner…

also, were those used boots, as in purchased by his employer as uniform requirements, and donated after replaced… or did the guy go out and specifically buy this guy boots?

kind of puts a different spin on the merit of the actions…