some questions on a 2000 A4

a buddy of mine is looking at a 2000 a4 with the 2.8 with about 64k miles. what might be some things to look out for?

Wheel bearings.

o and its auto. we took it around the block and it was just a little squeaky when breaking but its been sitting for a month and there is a little rust on the rotors. the lady has a list of maintance done to it but i dont have the info yet. if they were going bad it would of happened alrdy right?

it’s a b5 so have fun with the control arms.

You will need to do the timin belt etc in about 20k and control arms maybe in 30k my 98.5. Had 178k on it and didn’t need control arms

-New outer tire rods with alignment
-New front brakes
-4 New all season tires
-Newly inspected
-Rear license plate bulbs
-New Coolant temp sensor
-New Spark Plugs
-New Fuel Filter
-New Air Filter
-New Rear Wheel bearings/hub’s
-Coolant and tranny fluid exchanges
-Oil Changed regularly with synthetic oil
thats everything done within the last 3k miles

LOLZ and B6s don’t have the problem!!! I’ve had more control arm issues with the B6 then two B5s put together.
3 audis are sitting in my driveway 2 B6s with control arm issues and a B5 with none.

-Rear license plate bulbs

oshit, buy it now!

my b6 has no control arm issues. whats wrong with yours you just bought the damn thing. when is the b5 going to come out i would like to run you to see just how bad i will get whooped.

As said, control arms and timing belt job.

Control arms = ~ $500 for full kit (no labor)
Full Timing Belt kit = ~$350 (no labor)

The 2.8 v6 is a very stout engine and will run for a long time with proper maintenance.

thanks guys when do the control arms start to go on these things?

you’ll hear them start to creak and squeak over bumps and when turning the wheel. Especially when it gets warmer. The job really isn’t that bad. The only tough part is the pinch bolt used on the upper arms. It is a BITCH and will almost always bend when trying to remove it. Heat, air hammer or to the dealer.