Snow Time fun... Sorta

well there was a fire drill the other night at about 2am at school so i decided to go play in the large unplowed empty parking lots… this was all great till i hit that hidden curb in the middle of the lot… i had to have my car flatbeded home from rochester to buffalo and i guess i bent the rear control arm and the front control arms are all fucked. any suggestions for a decent suspension set up on a 2000 A6 quattro? it has the “sport suspension” on it.

haha can i laugh at you for being a retard?

yea i laughed at myself…

:slight_smile:

that does suck tho

Hidden curbs; it is like boating in unfamiliar waters.:biglaugh:

What did that tow cost ya?

90 miles AAA covered it =)

i guess its a good reason to redo the suspension… it hasnt been 100% since it was rebuilt…

Gotta pay to play Andrew :slight_smile:

[quote=“BuickGN,post:2,topic:39916"”]

haha can i laugh at you for being a retard?

[/quote]

yes you can, but he’s much less of a retard than most kids his age

full set of front control arms runs around $500-600 for just parts. Do you need struts/springs as well?

at least 1 strut will be needed, judging by the description of the damaged control arms

heh… can’t help ya, but something similar happened to me when I was younger.

A friend and I went to T-Birds night club when it was still open (they were doing some kind of victorias secret show or something like that). Long story short… had a damn good time. Stayed a few hours later than we should have… and drank a few more than I probably should have.

@ 3:00am we go to bounce (this was a week day… had to work @ 6am) and wasn’t familiar with the parking lot and sure as shit, ran over a curb and put a hole in my tire. It was snowy and quite cold outside, pair that with pitch darkness and a few beers… it was an honest mistake.

So being the stupid youngser I was, I didn’t have any kind of preperation for an event like this. No tools, not even a scissor jack. I tried calling my pops, who was also my boss and tried explaining what happened. He threatened to kick my ass and told me it was my problem and to deal with it.

luckly a few gear heads we talked to briefly inside the bar saw us and offered to help (I wouldn’t doubt it if they post here… this was back around 01 or so). The one guy told us that he lived down the road and had tools there and he’d give us a ride over there, so we wouldn’t freeze our asses off.

We all piled into the minivan and sure as shit, as we pull out of the parking lot, they hit the same fucking curb and takes out two of his tires. Long story short, we fixed his shit… went to his and his g/f’s place to warm up for 30mins and went back to Tbirds to fix my car.

I’ll never forget that shit… needless to say, I didn’t go to work the next day

control arms on those things are shitty, just replace them with the “heavy duty upgraded” Meyle control arms, should be around $500 @ ecstuning.com

Struts look fine, i gotta get to the shop to look at it further. my buddy told me the drivers side front control arms are fucked and the rear wheel was pointed out about 10 degrees, so that needs to be replaced too… i figured it was bound to happen… i was beating on it pretty good =) everyone likes to play sometimes right?

i did something similar except the curb was a building haha i only tapped it hto

Ouch, glad to hear your all right. That happened to a friend of mine a few years back. He just snapped his rear axle.

im thinking about going with Bilstein PSS-9 Coil Over Kit and Meyle Upgraded OE Control Arm Kit W/Hardware & With HD Tie Rod Ends off of ECS tuning, anyone know where i might be able to get a better deal or maybe a better set up?