some sr20det help please

hey everyone i am new to this site and the 240sx. My name is shane maxwell and i live in burlington ontario. I have a couple of questions about my engine swap im going to be doing, im going to be swapping in a sr20det into a s13 240sx, i built the motor up my self so it could handle a little bit more power but nothing crazy…

1. My first question is about the emissions equipment, i was wandering if there is a detailed write up on how to remove it all including the egr. or can someone explain what has to be done… i would really appreciate it…

2. Well i bought my engine in pieces and i am missingg some parts like the tranny bolts and pressure plate bolts…is it okay if i go to home depot or something and buy them?? and what are the sizes for the tranny? i Know there is a couple that go into the oil pan and the rest go right into the engine, andd what is the size for the pressure plate bolts…??

3)also to finish off my clutch … i need tthe release sleeve and holder sring any ideas on where to get there parts???

ANyways thanks a lot in advance guys, it means a lot!!

Do not go to Home Depot for your bolts. Especially Tranny Bolts.

Go to Nissan and buy the bolts.

is really that big of a difference? can’t i get just a good of a grade bolt from like part source or something… cause i heard nissan charges like 3-5 bucks a bolt lol…

Yes, Nissan is ridiculously priced for oem bolts usually, however they are good bolts and it’s worth a price check, sometimes it isn’t that bad.

If you want OEM tranny bolts you can just put up a WTB here for them.

I would suggest just going to a Brofasco or Fastenal, they deal with real bolts. NOT CT/PS/Home depot. Their bolts aren’t a very high grade and can cause problems down the road when used in automotive applications. Cars put a lot more strain on bolts than lawn and garden use.

here we fuckin go again. Another hacked to shit build. In a month he’ll be on here asking why his clutch disc cut his leg off randomly.

thanks for the input… why cheap on bolts i guess, i will just have to get them fro nissan or from here…but im more concerned about the emissions… i need to find a write up on how to remove it all…anyone?

OH AND 87s15lt1 stay out of my thread … wuts ur problem? this is suppost to be a website to help fellow 240sx owner like fuck off buddy.

hi shane maxwell

can you please tell us what you did to build up the sr20det to make it handle more power? very interested in hearing.

also just in case you are wandering, there is no egr system on the sr20det. what other emissions equipment is giving you a reason to remove it?

also, get bolts from nissan. not ct or home depot. brofasco or fastenal worst case are acceptable worst case scenarios. but get bolts from nissan.

finally, post a WTB thread in the WTB section for the bearing sleeve and spring. or use the one you have in your KA tranny. or look for it at a parts store like NAPA.

Thank-you spd-dmn…
to all the haters out there this engine is built right, and i built it myself thats all im gunna say…and if you don’t have anything positive to say then keep it to yourself…

pretty much only the bottom end is built… je pistons, je piston rings,eagle rods,all new oem nissan rod and main bearings,oem headgasket,recited all valves, greddy rocker arm stoppers…im only planning on 300 hp…something reasonable…

and i want to remove all the emissions stuff because it looks a lot cleaner in the engine bay and the fact that i am missing half the stuff cuz i bought this engine set with missing stuff… so again does anyvbody have a write up for this>>???

Dude. There shouldnt be too much of an issue to figure out what you need and dont need. theres not too much emmissions on that motor.

If you didn’t see the fact in my previous post in conclusion to your original post. I will stay out of your thread. I find it hard to believe you won’t cheap out on engie parts but will cheap out on fuckin bolts.

You need to chill. Not hating at all. Being very realistic. There are too many hack jobs out there. Just trying to prevent another. So, in reality, I’m on your side…

k well i have no idea where anything goes like the manifold was stripped and im putting it back together now…does anyone have a diagram of the emissions system then>?

Dude, what emissions? Seriously?

87s15 thanks…i just didn’t think it would matter about a couple of bolts…like unno.im new to all of this, i wouldn’t of been able to build this engine without the fsm and people that have done this before… and i did phone nissan about the bolts but you need the part number… does anyone have the part numbers for the tranny bolts and pressure plate bolts?

Purge canister? Pretty straight forward.
Like Mike said, No egr. No cut off valves, no purge solenoids, not even a boost solenoid.

Like really…am I missing something here?

I have KA flywheel/crank bolts…I think
Same as SR, I’d have to check. What is the thread pitch on the pressure plate to flywheel? 8x1.25??? I forget. I have shat load of bolts. Even mounting bolts tranny via engine

87s15…thx but i want new bolts…and one more question for you…i read if you take off emissions you need to make a block off plate?

Your reading about a KA and blocking off the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) Valve. SR’s do not have that. Dont think they ever did.

These bolts don’t stretch or anything…they are O.E bolts. Threaded in once, and out once. Let me know?

so you have all the tranny bolts? i.e the ones that go into the oil pan and the block? and are they sr or ka… cuz ka would be different because the ka and sr bell housings are different…therefore the sr has more bolts then the ka…

I’d have to double check. I know I have a KA trans with RB bell housing, KA bell housing and a lot of bolts.

Pretty sure SR/KA is the same trans, like exact minus inside