some tuning at synapse

went to synapse tuesday for some tuning…18psi made 522whp…the car shut the dyno off at 698…so morgan made a few 5th gear pulls just so he could get it tuned for 30psi which made 707whp…so i we figured that if it was tuned in 4th for 30psi it should be mid 7’s or a little higher…her is a low and high boost video…

nice numbers man :nod

impressive work ray! i want a ride in this thing someday :nod

someday my friend

i bow down to u ray i bow like a little bitch in england lol

nice, cant wait to see the next time it goes to the dyno :ninja

Awesome #s. Highest dyno import in Capital District I assume? Curious what you would do on a different dyno that didn’t shut off. I’d guess near 800RWHP given your setup.

BTW, I have run more boost on a stock block than you on your built block. I wish you would turn that bitch up but I completely understand if you are hesistant.

believe me… i want to but i really dont want to go to any other dyno’s around here…

I don’t blame you. Your car is about as perfect as it gets. I’d honestly take some stabs at 9 second and be done with it.

I get a cringe watching that video against you and remember getting walked like I was standing still. :frowning:

i wonder what your total CFM was out of those evo3’s at the given boost vs his 76GTS at 30psi.

i figured that was going to be the plan for a while

He is flowing a TON more.

I was referring to the fact that I put more boost PRESSURE and I am on a stock block than his built block. But, I understand his reservations as a built block is quite a bit more to replace.

On a side note: You have my # lately it seems.

Is the timing still conservative?

Car is sick as hell. Saw you running at the track a few weeks ago or so. Sounds soo good :bowdown

no im just wondering, i dont know much about either of those turbos as far as airflow. but i know evo3’s put dsms pretty deep into the 10s on a 1g dsm.none the less Rays car is amazing, even on low boost i was all smiles. and i have no doubt it will see a 9 second pass.

oh course…the only thing that is different is i changed my o2 from the wideband so the fuel was leaned out a little seeing the old o2 was fucked for who knows how long…the car runs 100% better now that i have a o2 that is reading the right #'s…morgan did an awesome job tuning it…took about 1.5 hours…if that

as long as lvd doesnt bust my balls i think i may pull a 9 sec pass…i hope…

you know they will…

The EVOIII is still a rare setup for the 3/S so there isn’t that much data but at 30PSI, it’s about MID 6XXAWHP which is still probably ~100WHP less than Ray’s. I am guessing but I think his timing is still very conservative robbing him of some power.

Not sure the actual flow #s but 100WHP is a lot, IMHO.

Don’t bother with Wed/Sat. Get a track rental.