Someone is going to die....

Dunno if this belongs in here but…

My car broke again yesterday, alternator belt snapped for the 3rd time. Didnt have time to do anything about it, as i worked all day, and got drunk tonight! woooh! Night totally got ruined when i got a phone call form my dad telling me the RCMP called saying that some dead muther fuckers broke into my car.

When it broke, i just unhooked my cd player and took it out.

Jared, I can’t thank you enought for that sub enclosure! THe dumb fuckers didnt even look back there, and my expensice stereo shit is safe. THANK YOU!!!

But yeah they cleaned out the rest of the stuff i had in there. Tools, sleeping bag wtf!?, cds, bunch of other stuff i dont’ even remember. Fucked up my pass door real good.

Just fucking great. Awesome luck i’ve been having with this car, eh?

Jeff

FUMING

Sucks to hear man, I hope these guys get what’s coming to them.

Did they mess up the door handle?

how did they get in??? same thing happend to me but they found all of my expensive stereo stuff. did they even try to pop your ignition??? there is not alot you can do but to fix your car and move on. the chance of catching these guys is VERY slim. i feel for you

yeah that sucks man …
a few years ago my talon got broken into and my cd player stolen which is no big thing and totally replaceable …but the damage they did to my passenger door trying to get in wrecked my lock assembly as well as about 2 inches of the metal around it …I had to get a new door from ther wreckers and I was lucky to find one in the same color and power options that it was simple to replace … but cost alot more than what they stole in the first place.

Are you putting too much tension on the belt? You should be able to deflect the belt about 0.5" halfway between the pulleys.

Sorry to hear about the break-in. I had a leather jacket stolen from the back seat once, they just broke the glass.

depending on where you bought your belt it sould be under warrenty. i know the goodyears i sell have a one year so. i agre with 1galty that you have too much tension on your belt if it keeps breaking

There has to be something wrong for your belt to go 3 times!! I’m not too familiar with the 240’s but on my old car, my engine would move quite a bit when I stepped on it. I found out later on that it was an engine mount that was broken and my engine was moving quite a bit. Now as for the 240’s like I said, I haven’t messed around under the hood that much on it yet, but could it be a loose mount causing the movement of your engine to snap the belts??

And as far as getting shit stolen from your vehicle. Sorry to hear that man, I’ve had 3 of my cars broken into, and one time they got the whole car!! So I know exactly what you’re goin’ thru man!! You’re lucky that you didn’t get all your stereo shit stolen, it is replaceable but its still a pain in the ass and you end up spending more money on shit that there was no reason to before!! Been there, done that!! :evil: My gauges are ok?? lol just had to ask!! :shock:

sucks to hear man… about a year ago someone broke into my AE86 and broke the passenger side door lock and smashed the windows and stole my deck

Nope. If the engine was moving due to a broken mount the entire engine would move, including both pulleys on the alt. belt. However, you must be tightening it too much.

jeff, sorry to hear. But glad the enclosure helped.

So I go to pick up the car this morning at like 8am, and my fucking driver’s side window is smashed. Not sure if it was the same people, but the idiot cocksuckers still didnt look in the back, where I foolishly left my stereo stuff again. Lucky me.

But man, people are disgusting.

Oh, and now theres fucking stains and a tear on my racing seat. so pissed.

Gonna go through insurance?

If my rates don’t go up, I sure as hell will.