Someone to remodel two bathrooms.

Looking to have two bathrooms remodeled in my duplex.

I need someone that knows exactly what they are doing, and can do the job over a weekend without any problems.

The bottom bathroom I need the following done.

Remove tile/drywall/tub/shower plumbing.

Install greenboard, new tub, new shower valve, then install a new shower surround.

In this bathroom I also need a bath fan installed.

If the work turns out good and done quickly, I have another bathroom upstairs that tenants are living in. I need about the same services done, also very quick because I need to put them in a hotel until the shower is finished.

I’m in West Seneca.

Thanks,
Justin

In for results as I need a bathroom redone as well. Hopefully this isn’t deemed hijacking. :wink:

In for results of someone that can get that all done in a weekend…while making it look good. I’d offer…but no way in hell can I work that fast.

Is there curing time etc… where the bathroom isn’t usable while caulk sets and what not? I’m a noob at that kinda thing. I’m all for helping with the demo work and whatever else I can. I’d like to learn a lil bit from the experience if at all possible. Cash payment here of course. :wink:

Here is the break down on this afaik. I am assuming that it is a small bathroom. Assume 2-3 hours to have it all cleared out. and ready for rebuild. The electrical on the first floor should not be a problem, but if you are remodeling you should be rewiring. This is another 1-2 hours.Drywall hanging can happen immediately following this and will take at least an hour. Then it needs to be taped and the seams done with joint compound which takes a bit to dry, then sanded and repeat. You are hitting a full day and you only have a shell. The toilet tub tile and all needs to follow and that is a lot to accomplish in one day. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but tile alone takes two days as it needs to cure before mortar. This is looking like more than a weekend project unless you have 2-3 people working 10+ hours toward completion. I am about to redo one of my bathrooms and I scheduled a full week for it (I work 50 hrs. outside of getting to do this). That includes 2 full weekends.

Maybe 1QuikZ or deebo can chime in as I am sure that they have done projects like this.

It’s actually a very small bathroom. I am not doing tile, just glue up tub surrounds.

joe foour eye knows his stuff

If you take pictures i can probably tell you how long it would take to get done.

Assuming it’s a “smaller” bathroom, i will say 4 hours for demo. If it is a tile floor that needs to be removed it will probably be a little more.

Day1 : Demo, set tub, subfloor. This will probably be almost a full days worth of work.
Day2: Plumibing, lets say 45minutes. Assuming you mean you’re putting in a full fiberglass unit, the walls will only take like 30 minutes to put up max. At this point you can install the shower head, etc and silicone the whole tub/shower unit.(allow 24hours to cure, although not totally neccesarry… but i would atleast wait until next morning to use) I would then install the fan (lets just say an hour) you can then greenboard everything, lets say an hour. Another hour to compound.

I don’t know if you have a vanity sink or a pedastal, but you can save time by installing the cabinet first and doing all the plumbing with that. Lets say an hour and a half.
At this point you’re at the 6 hour mark. I would go ahead and do the tile floor to let it cure over night.

day3: 2nd coat of compound (hour) , grout floor (half hour) , basemolding (30min) At this point you’re pretty much playing the waiting game for the compound to dry. Setup a fan and hope it drys and you can primer afterwards and be done with the bathroom on your 3rd day :slight_smile: