Something feeding into the brakelights?

When i turn the ignition on there is a slight power source feeding through the brake lights. Has anyone had a problem like this? i took out the headlight switch and all the lights are brand new. There is definatley a feed goin into it but i cant figure out where. i spent half the day today looking for it and its drving me up the wall, i need to get it saftied this week and i dont think they are goona miss that haha. any help is greatly appriciated.

check your brake bulbs, i had that when i put in a wrong bulb

sounds like your brake light switch is either not working correctly or isn’t adjusted correctly. that’s where i’d start.

lights are all good and correct. i just put them in today first thing i checked, the only thing i can think is the brake light switch, im goona check that tomorrow

my bulbs looked right but the particular manufacturer of these bulbs made the contact patches too big and they would short out…

I found out its the rear defogger and rear wiper feeding into the third brake light somewhere thus through the rest of the lights, havent found where yet but i just dont turn on the defogger or wipse :slight_smile: hopefully track it down this weekend

have you replaced the hatch or done something with the hatch wiring lately (maybe something shorted out)? sounds like maybe the harness got pinched, melted or something to damage the casing on the wiring and they are touching the wiring for the 3rd brake light.

yeah i dont know, i just bought the car and am trying to rid it of all its little issues, i have a feeling it got pinched where it goes from the shell to the hatch, im goonna root arounf back there when i get back this weekend its to cold outside and i dont have a garage to play in haha