Something popped

This is just copied and pasted from the 780 boards, but I’m in need of some help. I’ve never dealt with a boosted vehicle before, so this is odd to me.

Well I’m not sure what exactly it was but something on the intake side of my engine popped yesterday. I’m getting a massive hissing noise and I haven’t yet found where it is.

Here’s the short story. Driving home, accelerated through first and second pretty quickly, backed off in third. I stepped on the gas in third and noticed the car only spooling to 7psi and it wouldn’t go past. As I roll up to the next corner to turn the car stalls. I restart it while I’m still rolling and now I hear this leak. I was only a few blocks from home so I kept going. Once home the car manages to idle for me(very erratically) and I take a look under the hood.

I was not able to feel where the leak is, and since the engine was idling, I’d assume it was pulling air in from somewhere it shouldn’t and causing the erratic idle. I can’t physically locate the leak by sound because it’s so freaking loud it can be heard all over the engine bay. I’m hoping that it is just the up pipe from the turbo of something, but it sounded like it could have been coming from the intake runners.

Any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!

Well, it would be hard to determine what it is just from the sounds of it. Could be many things. The first thing I was thinking of was a vacumm line on perhaps your boost controller or somthing like that. Some sort of boost leak. Same happened to me on the spiratic idleing when my hose running to my boost controller came undone. Check all of those rubber hoses. And any hoses running to the blowoff valve. Hmmmm, sounds like a difficult one.

bring it to the BBQ tonight and we will figure it out …had similar problem with my DSM …loose IC piping somewhere or vaccum leak

This is just copied and pasted from the 780 boards, but I’m in need of some help. I’ve never dealt with a boosted vehicle before, so this is odd to me.

Well I’m not sure what exactly it was but something on the intake side of my engine popped yesterday. I’m getting a massive hissing noise and I haven’t yet found where it is.

Here’s the short story. Driving home, accelerated through first and second pretty quickly, backed off in third. I stepped on the gas in third and noticed the car only spooling to 7psi and it wouldn’t go past. As I roll up to the next corner to turn the car stalls. I restart it while I’m still rolling and now I hear this leak. I was only a few blocks from home so I kept going. Once home the car manages to idle for me(very erratically) and I take a look under the hood.

I was not able to feel where the leak is, and since the engine was idling, I’d assume it was pulling air in from somewhere it shouldn’t and causing the erratic idle. I can’t physically locate the leak by sound because it’s so freaking loud it can be heard all over the engine bay. I’m hoping that it is just the up pipe from the turbo of something, but it sounded like it could have been coming from the intake runners.

Any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!

Well, it would be hard to determine what it is just from the sounds of it. Could be many things. The first thing I was thinking of was a vacumm line on perhaps your boost controller or somthing like that. Some sort of boost leak. Same happened to me on the spiratic idleing when my hose running to my boost controller came undone. Check all of those rubber hoses. And any hoses running to the blowoff valve. Hmmmm, sounds like a difficult one.

bring it to the BBQ tonight and we will figure it out …had similar problem with my DSM …loose IC piping somewhere or vaccum leak