Sony loses 3.3 BILLION on PS3's

DAMN!

whoa!

the only reason i would want a PS3 is because it plays blue-ray, but if i’m correct… at the time of the PS3’s release, only a handful of dvd’s were being released in blue-ray, and people werent well educated on the product. I bet if people had known about blue-rays, and they were more common, the price gap in the gaming systems (xbox vs ps3) wouldnt have mattered as much, because people would know what they were getting.

yes and xbox 360 will have a blu ray extension soon

My Blu-Ray drive was $150.

That’s not too bad Shawn. Maybe I’ll have to look into one. :ponder

blue ray= laserdisc= failure

i record lots of stuff so im waiting for the recorder units to come out :ninja… or i would have one already myself :nod…

I have 4TB of space. Space is cheap but BluRay movies are like crazy big. Standard DVD can be brought down under 4.7 w/o compression with just the movie while Blu-Ray can exceed 50GB.

The PS3 came out way to late,by the time they have allot of games the new xbox will be out.This is why Sony is so fucked and they have very few games close to the 360 games out.

Sony unexpectedly made a loss of 4.7bn yen ($45m; £23m) in the first quarter.

I think yahoo mixed up some numbers

if you read the article, its says that they lost 2.16 billion last year and 1.16 this year

But according to BBC they have only lost 45 Million this year big difference from 1.16 Billion.

The great thing about numbers is they can be manipulated in many ways.

I assume Yahoo is using the numbers of R&D, transportation, advertising and the whole tally, while BBC article could have used the simplest form of numbers, cost of production of a unit to the number of units sold.

Without any other information and sources used, it’s unfair to use one articles numbers against the other.

ok, and according to yahoo they have lost 1.16 billion this year, thats a big difference from 45 million

ok well like vlad said it depends on what they including on the loss $$

anyways

blue ray and hd dvd are awesome , such an amazing amount of space one just one disc…

the dude who said blue ray laser dsic fail shit… uh your wrong

anyways gonna read the article now, i knew they were loosing out big time tho…

and EVERYONE KNOWS

THE FIRST CONSOLE TO COME OUT automatically has an advantage

OH by the way

Bugatti Veyron is also sold for a price which is lower than what it cost Volkswagen/bugatti to build the actual car…

The console that comes out first doesnt always have the advantage. The Wii came out the same time as the PS3 did and it has outsold both the PS3 and the 360

yea, but coming out late does not help at all , remember gamecube

of course it has to be a good console either way, and im surprised the WII sold so much, im a nintendo fanb0y for sure, but damn i hate the wii, the best game for it, is the wii sports, i think it even comes with it… and thats just bowling golf and other silly things with the worst models/graphics ever, the WII must be making 600fps average on that game LOL

how many billion did they make on blu-ray disc? have to remember, sony owns BD. how many billion did they make when they basically cut off the head of toshiba and HD DVD (still pissed about my xbox360 hd dvd player…)

it’s a loss, companies make them.

oh ya sony is gonna be fine but i dont think that they are happy with the results from Ps3

then it should motivate them to appeal to more consumers…