Sort of a pitman type topic thread

saw this pop up on AOL and thought is was in interesting read. What do you guys think? Should citizens be able to record and film members of law enforcement as long as they are in public settings?

Pitman or not, unless you want militant state you should have full rights to record them.

Especially as they keep doing stupid acts and getting caught.

Classic metaphor, if they aren’t doing anything wrong, they should have nothing to fear.

I’m sorry but there is almost no reason for it to be illegal to tape them. It’s the only thing you can do to protect yourself someone with authority.

The woman filing the report definitely should’ve had a lawyer present just to avoid situations like this from occuring. Even without council she should have been allowed to record the interview as long as she was upfront about doing so. Police officers record every stop they make through their dash cam for evidence and for their safety and I think the woman in this case can use the same argument.

20 year old ex stripper?

She should be used to that.

Cop prolly didn’t want to tip :rofl

I know right. She probably gives them freebies in the back of the cruiser. Regardless of her chosen profession she still has the right not to be intimidated by her accusers peers.

They super citizens didn’t you know?

Uphold the law as you see fit, and never apply it to yourself. Ban all evidence and have your precinct buddies cover for ya.

You’re right, afterall law enforcement is a government sanctioned gang and brotherhood is paramount.