Sound like a good car or not

A guy wants to trade me this for my neon just seein if its sounds like a good car or not thanks for the info

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/car/497095247.html

I would rather have a neon, and I hate neon’s.

WOW ok thats cool:ugh2:

strange that he won’t take cash offers… i’d be suspicious if it were me

Ehh i am looking to buy a dsm too, I seen this but dont have anything to trade…

Is the car FWD or AWD?

will this car be your Daily driver? DSM’s dont make very good DD’s

i think fwd and it would be a dd

Why would he want to ditch the car? Just think about it.

If your going to build/drive a FWD. just put together a honda. They will take the DD abuse much better.

I would not do it.

U got a good point there thanks for the info

neon

Ok

I would PASS on IT BUT…

I have daily driving a fwd dsm for 60,000 miles

the only thing that went bad on it (other than what I fucked with)
was

1)a wheel breaing @ 120,000 (two hours to replace)

and

2)a thermostat (20 min)

This could happen to any car, .

And a car that came turbo,DSM might just hold up a lil better than one that never came with one(honda).

But the fact that he only wants to trade says somthing fishy… If your neon runs well I would hang onto it.

No ONE trades a good car.

If you did get that DSM it needs a Fuel Pressure regulator, the 255 pump will overrun the stock FPR, causing some funny stuff ($225)

honda trannys can hold up to more abuse (stock)

Hands down a honda FWD turbo will go faster then a dsm fwd with the same turbo. At least this is from my experance

Ummmm… DD a DSM and you may regret it, trust me.

x2

I don’t understand this statement. Now if he was looking into a 4x4 truck with 10" of lift & 40" tires, I could understand this, but this is a 4cyl fwd car. Perfect DD material.

i own two dsms. they can be dd. but not that one. it looks like a heap. keep your neon. that talon is another one of the 9 out of ten hack job dsms

and dont come back saying dsms cant be dd. theyre old and turbo’d. theyre beat. find a cherry one and dd you’ll see.

edit: also the best fwds are hondas. ive seen dudes slap pistons and dsm 450s in a b16 with whatever turbo and decimate cars let alone if you take hondas to the next level.

I am talking dsm here, I personally owned one, ive been there usually a DD requires it to last everyday with little upkeep.

fmfkid remember, that is until you replace the whole car so its nice again :embarass:

IT’s a beater, thats been half hacked already. reguardless of dsm or honda anything in that shape is better left alone.

PASS
PASS
PASS

haha true…

i am picking one up

actually I think it looks half decent, but the pics don’t show the front of the car at all so I guess the hood gap, headllights, and bumper got some issues. the other problem is all those ricer stickers, and the gay vent visors however I like that it is a swap, because your insurance will be cheaper.

I find it odd he only wants to trade, but even weirder he won’t accept a stock vehicle if he really wanted to dump a POS he would take anything

I have NEVER had problems with a neon…
other then replacing the motor. that was brought upon myself. (If you wanna play, you gotta pay)

I’d take a 1st gen neon over a DSM for a DD anyday